14. Surprises .

(Josh POV)

(Josh POV)

Tyler was really excited to see where we were going. He knew that he was safe, because he was with me. And he was right, he was extremely safe. I wasn't gonna let anything happen to him. He was with me, I wanted him to always be with me. 

Last night, I told Tyler I loved him, and he said it back to me. I didn't want to say anything to him at the time. I wasn't angry, I was very far from being angry at him. I just didn't know how to react at the time. I really do love him, I do.  

I've come to terms with myself; I'm pretty gay. Like, actually gay. I laugh to myself, an Tyler takes notice.

"Whatcha laughing for, huh?"

I glance at him quickly, "Oh nothing, just thought of something. About where we're going, that's all."

He looks back out the window. I won't tell him where we are going, but he'll find out eventually.  We aren't that far away.

We drive for a little bit more, and then we pass a huge arena. Tyler sees tall buildings and starts rolling down the window and putting his head out a bit to get a better look.

"Tyler, get back in the car before you fall out or something. You already small enough, I can't have you falling out of the damn window." I pull him back in, and he crosses his arms.

"I just wanted to see the buildings." He whines, and I put my hand on his should an shake him a bit.

"You will soon. In about a few minutes actually." I look over an he's pouting. Usual Tyler.

I begin to slow the car down, and Tyler looks up away from his hands, and stares at the tall buildings infront of us.

"Y-you're bringing me for a surprise in Cleveland?." He's obviously shocked, and totally surprised. Just like I planned. We pull up to a hotel, a fancy one that is. I used a lot of the money my other gave me awhile ago. I knew it would be put to extremely good use one day. 

I get out before Tyler, and go to his side of the car and open the door for him. He smiles at me before getting out bags. I take them from him; I want this to be as carefree for him as possible. I walk up to the counter and hand the manager our bags to be brought to our room. I take the room key and put it in my jeans pocket. I whisper something to the manager an he smiles back. Tyler is obviously curious, and anxious about what that could of been about.

"J-josh what was that about?." He looks at me with worry in his eyes.

"Don't you worry." I look at my watch. "Come on, it is time to go to dinner. Our dinner."

(Tyler POV)

Josh was leading me down a hallway to a restaurant. I didn't expect this at all, considering how fancy it was. It was tall ceilings, tall windows, and simple glass chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The tables were glass, and were placed in the middle of the room an against the windows. Josh checked in at a desk, all I could do was look around in awe. 

Josh grabbed my hand which took me by surprise, I didn't expect it. 

We were brought to a table that was against the window. It had a view of Cleveland, you could even see the water from our view.  I turned to Josh after we both stared out the window. We seemed like we were staring at one another.  We looked down at our menus, which had a million different options, all varying in prices. 

I could feel Josh staring at me. I could feel his eyes on me, looking at my face, my neck, an the top of my chest peeking out of my shirt. He bit his lip, which didn't last long because our waiter came over.

We ordered our food, along with glasses of champagne. Josh's idea. They brought the champagne over first, filling the glasses infront of us. I took a sip, as did Josh. He brought the glass to his lips. I watched him sip the drink, licking his lips after. I look away and put my glass down; our food is brought over, an we begin to eat.

An hour or so has passed, an we are sharing a piece of cake. It was really good cake, like really really good. All I could think about was this very moment, just me and Josh. It felt like it was only us in the room. Time seemed to stop almost. I looked at him and he looked back at me. He looked down real quick, before looking back up an opening his lips, ready to say something.

"I was awake last night, when you said you loved me."

I felt my heart beat faster and my face light up like a fire. 

"I-I thought you were asleep."

He sits there in silence, staring at me. Those brown eyes piercing through my own. He puts his hands on the table before sighing.

"Tyler I regret not being friends with you in school. I regret not being as close to you as I should. I regret not becoming bestfriends. But the reality of things is that I am here now. I found you when you went missing, and I am still here. I am here, for you. I will be here, for a long time Tyler. I promise. When I said I loved you last night, I was telling the truth. I love you. I truly, deeply, love you. I want you in my life Tyler Joseph, I want to always be around you."

By now I am tearing up. My heart feels huge, I feel like a hole has been fixed. Josh really does love me. He loves me. I work up the courage before taking one of the biggest risks in my life.

"Josh."

"Yeah Ty?."

"Can we be together?. Really together."

He smiles, "Like, boyfriends?."

I nod slowly, awaiting the answer.

He lifts his glass, an urges me to do the same. As if to make a toast for the night.

"Tyler Joseph, it would be a very honor for me to be able to call you mine."