26. Patience is Key .

- 2 month's later-

- 2 month's later-

(Tyler's POV)

It has been two months since we played our first "big" show. Brendon never got back to Josh about how the video of us playing had turned out. Maybe he had forgotten about us, forgotten how important this meant to us.

Josh didn't bring it up as much as I did; maybe he wasn't as concerned, or maybe just because we talk about it so much. We wanted this to work out for us badly. We wanted to move away an into a better house away from Ohio, maybe get a new car or a real nice drumset for him and a grand piano for me. But I don't want to complain. I'm happy, I am very happy.

I was sitting on the couch watching television. The news was on, rambling about a store broken into an the weather for the current week. Of course from my "luck", the worst thing that could go on the news had come on.

A alert came on the television, showing some had gone missing earlier in the week.

I stared at the new reporter, reading off of a paper of what to say. She barely looked up. Her nails were painted red and her blouse with a light blue. Her hair was done up perfectly.

These things bothered me. This reporter bothered me. Here is a woman dressed and done up perfectly, talking away like these reports are useless paragraphs of words, just being read out for hundreds of people. She had no emotion, no sense of compassion, just reading off the words.

I kept staring until Josh had walked out of the bathroom an into the kitchen, looking over at me an calling my name to get my attention.

"Ty, what are you watching?" He was curious because I very rarely watch the news, or television for that matter.

"Huh, oh uh, the news. That's all. The weather, yeah, the weather." I scratched the back of my neck an looked out the window. The woman is still talking about the missing person, talking like nothing matters or bothers her.

Josh walks over with two plates of pizza. One for himself an one for me. He looks at the television an his face seems to turn.

"Why are you watching this?" I look at him innocently, not wanting to give him an answer. "Babyboy, why are you watching this?" He got more serious which had started to scare me, Josh never talks like this.

"The news was on, an then this alert had come up," I pointed at the screen, "I wanted to keep watching. I wanted to see what it felt like to be you that morning. An I wanted to see how they talked about these things, I always wondered if they ever really cared or anything."

He put his plate on the table an reached over to grab the remote. He turned the television off an turned to me. He grabbed my face an stared into my eyes.

"Ty you shouldn't watch those things, I don't want you to remember. I don't want you getting any ideas." He leaned over an wrapped his arms around me, burying his head into the crook of my neck. I don't want you to go anywhere Ty."