30. Coming to an End .

Play song when you see ****** :)

-

(Tyler's POV)

Josh and I were standing in our dressing rooms applying the paint to eachother's bodies.

I smudged red paint around his eyes, and he lightly put his hands around my neck to smudge black paint over my skin. He took my hands in his, covering mine slightly above my wrists with the same black paint.

We washed our hands before returning to our dressing room, where we helped one another button up our white shirts before sliding our red suit jackets over our shoulders.

I helped straighten out his collar, making sure he looked perfect to go on stage.

We flew into the state this morning, and slept until two hours before the show. We both were still sort of tired, but at this moment in time, it didn't matter. We were about to put on our last show of the tour. The biggest and most important show we will play to date. We're back playing in our hometown. Where it all started.  Columbus, Ohio.

Before Josh went onto stage, I stopped him just as he reached the curtains.

"Joshua?" I say with worry in my voice.

He turns to me quickly, noticing something is wrong.

"Yes Tyler, what's wrong?" He grabs my forearm, pulling me towards him and looks into my eyes awaiting an answer from me.

"I-I have a surprise for you tonight. If that's okay." I look at the floor, wondering if he will be mad because I stopped him for something so simple. Something so small.

"Oh, well, okay. That's perfectly okay with me Babyboy. Just tell me where to go later, I'm all yours afterwards, I promise." He smiles at me an kisses my cheek before pulling on his mask.

I smile back at him an blow him kiss, watching as he walks through the dark to sit at his drums.

I walk out onto the stage in complete darkness, the stage still covered by the curtain in the front. One of our songs is playing as I walk to center stage. But before I do, I run over to Josh. He shocked at that I'm not in position, but at the moment, I made it just me and Josh. I lifted up our masks to above our lips; I lean down an place a kiss on his lips, soft and passionate. I feel him smile again the skin of my lips. We pull our masks down, an softly, but loud enough, Josh says "I love you".

I walk back to center stage, standing on top of a box and reaching up to grab the microphone that hangs from the top of the stage.  And before I know it, the curtains in the front fall down, the lights inback of me start flashing, and Josh starts playing.

He starts playing from one of our newer songs, Fairly Local, and then transitions into another new song, HeavyDirtySoul.

He speeds up, an I can feel my heart thumping in my ears.

I can do this. He can do this.  We can do this.

Time seems to freeze for a second, because im brought back to the memory of the other night.

Josh was on the bathroom floor sobbing. I haven't seen him cry in a very long time. And I could tell that something was wrong. Very wrong. It was different, being the one who took charge. Being the one that took care of someone else. I have always cared for Josh, always. But being the one who had to look after him after the many months that he has had to look after me, is pretty fucking scary honestly.

I felt like he was going to melt through my arms because he was so fragile at the time.

He was very vulnerable, and it was hard to see. It was difficult. My bestfriend,  my boyfriend, my husband, was in his most vulnerable state. His anxiety was bad that night, it hasn't been that bad since our first show, so I can only think that the show we are doing right now was the cause of it. It was just terrifying. I hate seeing him in ways other than happy. Because Josh is happy. Joshua is the definition of happiness. Atleast, he is for me.