The injury

This chapter is super long. Some Marichat action. Hope you like it Maia xox

Last night was great because I didn't have to patrol but having a sprained ankle and a completely bruised leg doesn't help you get a good night sleep. Luckily I was so tired from the fight that as soon as my head hit the pillow I was fast asleep. I get ready and leave for school. I'm early again today but only a few people are looking at me now. I try my best not to limp as I walk towards Alya. I had to change into a different outfit than usual because I don't want anyone to see my ankles or lower legs because they're all bruised and people will start asking questions. I decided to wear I huge russet jumper which covers my hands and goes down to my upper thigh with some blue skinny jeans and some knee length boots and don't forget the signature pigtails which I added a beanie to. Alya turns around and gasps, "Gurl are you looking cute today or what?" "Thanks Alya." I say giggling. " Adriens not going to be able to keep his eyes off you." She says wiggling her eyebrows. "Oh no." "Oh yes!" " But I can't cope with that!" I say starting to panic. "You'll be fine." Reassures Alya. Nino walks up to them, "Hey dudettes what's going on?" "Marinette's freaking out over Hot Stuff again." I look at Alya horrified but before I can say anything I'm interrupted by a voice behind me,"What's up Nino. Hi Alya. Hi Marinette, wow you're early again." I cover my face with my hands before lowering them, turning and nodding. "Doesn't Marinette look cute today?" asks Alya with a smirk on her face. "Yeah bro you know about fashion and stuff." Nino agrees. I give them both a murderous look before staring at my feet and rocking back and forth then wince and quickly stop because of a sharp pain in my ankle. " Yeah Marinette, you look really nice today." Adrien comments. I looks up in astonishment, "Really?" " Yes. Why is that so hard to believe?" He asks confused. I just shake my head and say "Doesn't matter." "Anyway guys I really need to show you something, look at this photo!!!" Alya squeals. She shoves her phone in our faces and I instantly go bright red. It's a photo of Chat's tail rapped around me-or Ladybug-and his eyes looking at my finger which is bopping him on the nose. I look at Adrien to see he's smirking. That's weird, I get startled out of my thoughts by the bell. We all start walking to class, Alya and Nino walking together in front of Adrien and I. I feel a hand grab my shoulder and pull me back I instantly grab their arms and do the same defence move Chat and I created. I look up and I see those beautiful green eyes I fell in love with. "Oh my Gosh I'm so sorry." I saw trying not to cry not because I had embarrassed myself, well that was bad too but because I had twisted my ankle more and because I had my body pressed to Adrien's and my bruises are hurting. Wait body pressed to Adrien's!?!?! "You can get off me now Mari." He says politely with wide eyes before chuckling. I push away from him embarrassed. He said Mari, only me friends call me that! "Where did you learn something like that anyway?" "Ahhhh with all the akuma attacks my mum made me do self defence lessons." I say. Obviously no one would be taught that because Chat and I came up with it but Adrien doesn't know that. He looks unconvinced but lets it go. "Ok." He says hesitantly, "I saw you wincing before are you ok? How did you hurt yourself?" "I fell down the stairs at my house and twisted my ankle and yeah I'm fine." I say astonished that he noticed. "Make sure you look after yourself." He orders and I'm pretty sure he mumbles about not wanting to look after two hurt girls.

ooooOOOoooo

No school has that self defence move because Ladybug and I created it so where did she learn it? Is it possible she is my lady? She does have a hurt leg and knows that defence move. No she couldn't be why am I even thinking this? I look back and there she is Marinette sitting in her chair, sweet, innocent Marinette. How could I ever have thought she was Ladybug? I better go check she's alright while I'm on my patrol.

It's now 9:30 and I'm on Marinette's balcony only now hesitating. I've only seen her a few times as Chat noir. Making up my mind and taking a leap of faith I knock on her window. I hear a squeak and rustling from inside but no one comes to the window. "Marinette?" I ask slowly opening the door with my eyes closed incase she's getting changed or something. "Chat noir. What are you doing here?" "A little birdie told me you hurt your ankle and I thought I'd come check on you." I say slowly opening my eyes. She is sitting in bed with her legs under the covers a book in her hand. "Mind if I have a look and see if it's ok?" "Ahhhhhhh I don't know." She replies. "Pleeeaaaasseee I promise I won't hurt you." "Fine but don't overreact." I suck in a breath as she pulls back the covers. She's in shorts and her legs are covered in bruises and one of her ankles is swollen. "That's a bit more then a twisted ankle princess." "Princess?" "Don't you like it?" "I don't mind it." She says a small smile appearing on her face. "Ok what really happened princess because you did not get this from falling down the stairs." " I did!" She says indigently, "I am three stories up you do realise." "Yes but..... agh nevermind." I reply defeated. She was making it obvious that she's not going to tell me the real reason. "Have you iced it?" "Yes." "I think you should bind your ankle to stop the swelling a bit. Do you have any bandages?" "Yeah behind the mirror in the bathroom." She instructs, "As Chloe says 'I'm ridiculously clumsy', so I definitely need bandages. I hate being clumsy I always embarrass myself." "I think it's kind of cute." "Yeah well you might but Adrien doesn't." She mutters. "What?" I say confused as I bind her foot. Her cheeks turn pink and she explains, "Well I have a big crush on Adrien Agreste you might know him, he's a famous model. He goes to my school and I was saying that I always embarrass myself in front of him and I'm pretty sure he doesn't find it cute. It also doesn't help that I always stutter around him." I just stare at her for about ten minutes before she says, "Ahhh Chat are you alright?" Only then I realise how cute she looks, she is wearing a light pink crop top that is hanging off one shoulder that shows off her abs, wait abs?!?! Since when did Marinette have abs? I draw my eyes away from her stomach with great effort and see she has her hair in ONE high ponytail with strands that had come out framing her face, that's right one not two, one. Finally I look at her shorts that are dark green and vvveerrry short as not to hurt her bruises and I realise my hand is rested rather close to their trim. I quickly remove my hand and reply, "Um yeah I'm ok." Marinette realising why I had drawn my hand away and starts to blush before saying, "I usually don't wear clothes this.... revealing when people will see me, they're pyjamas and I would be wearing big fluffy bottoms because it's winter but they will hurt my bruises sooo." "Yeah obviously." I say clearing my throat because I was talking a bit raspy, "So do you like Adrien just because of his looks?" "NO! Only shallow people do that." She replies looking appalled. "Ok then give me a reason you like him, he's not that great." I say voicing my thoughts. "I won't just give you one reason, I'll give you many. He's kind, smart, truthful, humble and so many other things." She describes with a dreamy expression when her eyes focus back on me she asks with concern and disbelief, "Kitty are you crying?" "Doesn't matter." I say turning and walking towards the door, "I'll come back tomorrow and see if your ok. Look after your leg."

ooooOOOoooo

"What was that Tikki?" I ask my Kwami. "I don't know, Marinette but what I do know is that Chat really cares about you." "How could he? He barely knows me." I say. Tikki simply replies, "You don't know that."