Goodbye?

And another. Maia xox

It's been a couple days and things have been awkward between Chat and I. We don't know how to interact with each other now that we know we might have spoken to each other in civilian form. On the upside Adrien and I have become closer. The more I get to know him the more I question my feelings. I know I like him a lot but do I like him more than Chat?

Suddenly I hear a tapping on my window. I get up and open the door to my balcony, letting him in. It's better talking to Chat as Marinette because there's no awkwardness. I go and sit down on my bed continuing a sketch I had started earlier. Chat makes himself comfortable opposite me.

"So how was your day?", he asks.

"Good I guess. I mean nothing really happened. Completely normal.", I lie, thinking back to today. Nobody but me knows what happened and I want to keep it that way but Chat seemed to catch on and asks, laughing, "Really princess? I can tell when your lying. You're not very good at it."

Should I tell him? I mean I don't really want to because he'll become over protective but he'll bug me until I tell him anyway.

"Fine but we don't discuss it after I tell you and you can't become super protective. Deal?"

"Deal.", he says looking unsure.

                                                                              ooooOOOoooo

I look at Marinette intently as she tells me about the events of today, "It started pretty normal. I was quietly talking to Alya about how excited I was about tomorrow, ya know, my clothes are getting featured in the photoshoot. We were minding our own business when Chloe came up to me and pulled me aside, claiming she 'wanted to talk'. Spoiler alert; she didn't want to talk. She started yelling at me for spending too much time with Adrien, knowing that I am going to be with with him at the photoshoot tomorrow. She even punched me in the face. I have a black eye but I covered it with make-up, I've had a bit of practice." I look at her in worry, confusion and anger. Why is she getting a lot of bruises and when she is, why doesn't she tell me? At this she looks at me in panic, "Ahhh forget that. Anyway Chloe is going off her nut. I manage to get far enough away and she calms down before saying, 'If you go near Adrien you'll get a lot more than a black eye.' I'm not especially worried of the physical pain Chloe could inflict more the social and mental. I am seriously considering hanging out with Adrien less after the photoshoot."

"No!" I exclaim, desperately. She can't do that! I thought we were becoming really good friends, "You need to stand up to Chloe or else you'll punish yourself and Adrien."

At this she just laughs, "Adrien will be just fine without me."

"How do you know that?" I ask seriously.

"Chat he barely knows me and I'm beginning to realise I barely really know him as well."

"I'll see him tomorrow at the photoshoot and then I will start to spend less time with him. I don't want to make him choose between me and his childhood friend."

I just stare at her in despair, she has no idea what an effect she had had on his everyday life.