Teen Prodigy

We head up to my room. I shed my coat placing it on my chaste, keeping my black hoodie on. I really shouldn't be doing this. Chloe will be furious if she finds out. Ah well I'm in too good of a mood now to let that get me down.

"What do you want to do?", I ask turning around to face him as he climbs in.

"Uh I don't know."

"Why don't we play a board game."

"Sure."

I dig through my closet looking for an old board game and find Cluedo.

"What about this one?" I ask closing the closet door with my foot.

"I've never played it before but if you could explain the rules to me I'd be happy to play."

I look at him, agape, "You've never played Cluedo!"

"Well I didn't exactly have the warmest childhood," I say chuckeling.

Marinette sobers slightly before explaining the rules. We're about to start playing when Marinette's mum comes in carrying hot chocolates and croissants, "Thought you kids might be a bit hungry."

My eyes light up. I know I shouldn't eat them but I can't resist. "Thank you Mrs Dupain-Cheng," I say happily grabbing the croissants from her hand. "Thank you Mama," Marinette says, laughing as she gently takes the hot chocolates and set them down on the floor.

"Your parents are the best," I mumble while eating my croissant. Marinette looks as if she was about to disagree before you glancing at me stuffing my face. "They really are," she replies smiling.

We continue playing Cluedo and can I just say I am the best at this game! I have beat Marinette. She insists it's beginner's luck but I know I was born to play this game.

ooooOOOoooo

The darkness outside a sign of the terrible weather. The rain, pelting my roof and window. It's cold and wet. Whereas I feel warm. I have a hot chocolate cupped in my hand. My lamp is giving my bedroom a pink tint. Adrien is sitting across from me with crossed legs frowning down at his cards. This is what my dreams were made of only three weeks ago so, though I am happy, why aren't I freaking out? The 'old' Marinette would have been having a heart attack but I feel calm and confident.I feel nothing toward Adrien except friendship.

Adrien's frown deepens as he realises I have won for the third time in a row. He had really thought he was a teen prodigy at Cluedo. I take in his narrowed eyes, scrunched up nose and his dropped shoulders and begin to laugh. He was so disappointed about a board game!

ooooOOOoooo

I look up and see Marinette giggling. She won she doesn't have to rub it in. Man what am I saying? It's just a board game. I care way too much. I begin to laugh with her and we end up rolling on the floor. When we have finally managed to calm down we both just lie there next to each other. I turn my head to the side to see her staring at the ceiling, chest rising and falling rapidly after our fit of giggles. She turns her head to face me, smiling and cheeks flushed. When did she get so beautiful. As that thought run through my head I feel no guilt, no denial. I don't love My Lady anymore. I expect a sense of panic or surprise but I just feel happy as I look into Marinette's eyes.