The day after the interview

Hey guys! I'm sorry for whoever read my chapters when they were in the wrong order before. But I have fixed it now. Maia xox 

The next day the whole school was buzzing with the new gossip, Chat Noir's secret crush, well not so secret anymore.

'"Hey!! Marinette!" I hear as I walk into the school courtyard.

"Hey Alya." I say to my friend already knowing what she's going to be talking about.

"Did you watch my interview?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah it was really cool." I reply while walking with her to our classroom

"What do you think about Chat's new love? Mysterious right?"

"Yeah." I agree uneasily.

"Do you think we know her?"

"As if. You do realise how big Paris is right?"

"Yeah I guess."

Surveying our classroom as we walk in I see everyone else was already there.

"Hey Alya. Hi Marinette." Adrien greets us

"Hi Adrien." I reply focusing on having limited conversation about Chat's new mystery girl. But, of course I wasn't that lucky, "Hey have you heard about Chat's new love interest?" Adrien asks as I sit down.

"Mhm." I answer uninterested.

"Well? What do you think?"

Focusing on a Adrien's face it almost looks like he is hopeful. But what would he have hope about?

"Oh ah I don't really have much of an opinion on it but as long as they are both happy it seems fine to me."

Adrien smiled but it was one of his model smiles, definitely not sincere. I could tell he was disappointed. I wonder why.

Class went as usual and nothing was out of place until...

"Your presentations." Announced the teacher, "They should be done by next week I suggest you meet up with each other over the next three days.you wouldn't want to be stressing out about it right before winter break."

Adrien turns to me, "Hey Marinette do you want to come over tonight to finish the projects."

"Ahhh y-yeah, sure."

ooooOOOoooo

The walk home is kinda awkward which was weird because usually Marinette and I talk about loads of things. I glance at my project buddy to find she has her thinking face on. Whenever she's thinking about something really hard her nose and eyebrows scrunch up and she chews on her lip. But when I look closer she looks kind of troubled.

"Marinette what's wrong?" I ask.

"Hm?" Was all she says looking up.

"I said what's wrong?"

"Oh nothing w-why would you say that?"

"You've been quiet all day and you weren't paying attention to class all day."

Quickly her whole demeanour changes, "Seems like you weren't either if you had the time to stare at me in every lesson."

Blushing furiously I try and deny what I know is completely true, "I didn't—you weren't—Nino was—ok shut up."

She just laughs but I can tell she isn't her usual cheerful self.