Epilogue

••Johnson's POV••

Seven Years Later

"David, come on bud." I sighed, wiping the frosting off his face for the third time today.
"You said I could have some!" He whined, stomping his feet.
"Yes, but I also said to not get dirty, your mom would kill me if you got frosting all over your new clothes." I explained.
"I don't get why you and mom just can't have another baby." He sighed, sitting down on the couch.

"We've been over this bud, plus we adopted a girl who's a year younger than you, don't you want someone to play with?" I asked him as I sat down, he pouted his lip and shook his head
"No?" I chuckled.
"No because then you and mommy won't love me anymore!" He cried, his blue eyes filling up with tears as he wrapped his arms around my neck.
"Oh David, we'll always love you, you're our son and no matter what, our love for you will never go away." I whispered in his ear

"P-Promise?" He stuttered, backing away and looking at me with his piercing eyes, I smiled softly and kissed his cheek.
"I promise." I nodded, wiping his tears away.
"Ok, but what if she doesn't want to play with me?" He gasped, a frown plastered on his adorable face.
"She will, you just got to give her time bud, we're her new family and we have to show her that we love her." I said caressing his brown hair, something he got from his mom.

"Ok, is that why mommy bought Barbie's? For the girl?" He asked, looking at two brand new Barbie's that laid on the coffee table.
"Her name is Kassandra, but yes." I smiled and nodded.
"Will she look like me? Or does it not work that way?" He asked, scratching his head in confusion.
"Well she has blonde hair, like me, but brown eyes like your mom." I explained to him, it was weird explaining this to a seven year old though, I didn't know what to say

"Did you and mommy have a baby behind my back?" He gawked. I couldn't hold it in any longer and burst out in laughter from his cuteness. It was so hard for me to explain and he made it even harder with the questions he was asking.
"We're home!" Alex's voice said, snapping me out of my laughter.
"In the living room!" I yelled as a chuckle escaped my lips
"Hold it together man!" David said hitting my shoulder softly.

"Excuse you? I am a man!" I huffed causing him to giggled softly.
"Mommy!" He grinned widely, getting off the couch and running over to my beautiful wife.
"Hi baby." She cooed, hugging him and kissing his cheeks repeatedly
"Stop mommying him princess." I chuckled
"That's not even a word. Plus I am his mom!" She threw her hands up dramatically
"Yeah, I'm so the drama queen." I said sarcastically

"Anyways." She sighed, grabbing the little girls hand and smiling at her
"This is Kassandra, our new family member." She said kneeling down at the blonde girl.
"You have brown eyes like my mommy." David smiled at her
"And you have blue eyes like him." Her soft voice spoke up for the first time as she pointed at me.
"You can call me dad." I smiled at her
"I know, I'm just scared." She whispered causing both Alex and I to frown.

"Why? We're not gonna hurt you." Alex assured her.
"But you'll send me back, they always do." She cried as she hugged Alex
"Of course not, we adopted you, you're our daughter now." Alex said in a soothing tone as she tried to calm her down.
"But w-what if I make you m-mad?" She hiccuped. I shook my head and walked over to them before kneeling down to their level
"We won't send you back." I insisted

"W-Why not?" She stuttered out, wiping her tears away.
"Because you're part of our family, and no matter what, you don't leave your family under any circumstances." I assured her with a warming smile.
"Family?" She whispered, looking up at Alex
"Yes, we're a family, you included." I smiled and nodded.
"I never had a family." She whispered

"Well, we can be yours." David smiled at her
"W-Why would you want me to be part of your family?" She asked confused. David grinned
"My family is small, it's only my daddy, mommy and me. That's only three people." He explained, holding up three fingers.
"And with you it would be four, two girls and two boys, it's perfect!" He squealed happily.