1.

Ten years ago, our world turned upside down. The monsters didn't hide away from humans, they wanted to enslave us.

Since the civil world war between humans and supernatural creatures, the atmosphere had been gloomy. The kings of these freaks and the world's ministers signed a contract: humans cannot be eaten. Vampires and werewolves protested the most (though it's understandable due to their insticts), demons accepted it without a word.

Vampires. I hated all monsters but they were freaking me out the most. They were cruel and merciless. It was true for the demons, too but they almost never wanted to kill people. Instead they prefered  stealing money with their mind powers and causing disasters. It was their so called fun time.

The car ride reminded me of our family trips. Usually, Seokjin and Taehyung hummed me cute songs, Namjoon read something interesting. Many years later the roles changed: I was the one who was reading my new book, Namjoon was humming a hip-hop song, while Taehyung and Seokjin were bickering... because of the food.

'That's why you are my favourite brother.' I whispered to Namjoon.

'I heard it, Y/N.' Taehyung and Seokjin said in unison.

My parents laughed at us. I couldn't blame them, we could have been acted in a sitcom.

As we reached the village, I had a bad feeling. I couldn't explain it though, so I kept it to myself.

'Is something wrong, sweetie?' my mother asked upon seeing the expression on my face.

'Yes mom, don't worry.' I said to her.

These vampire freaks had been haunting that village for weeks now. They didn't care about the children... I was utterly disgusted.

'Did they turn anyone?' my dad asked him.

'No but they feed on the same people for multiple times and when the victim is close to the death, they rip their head off.'

I noticed how scared were the people. Our arrival didn't ease the tension, they stayed in their houses, of course after sunset no one dared to come out.

'Let's investigate.' Namjoon said.

'Good idea. Y/N, come with me.' Taehyung said.

'Okay.' I said.

As were walking, he stopped and he gave me a questioning look.

'Tell me what's wrong.' he was worried.

' I'm fine.' I said softly.

'No, you're not fine. Tell me.' he demanded.

'Okay. I have a bad feeling about this.'

He smiled and hit my arm playfully.

'You are scared, admit it.'

'I'm not scared, just nervous.'

'You don't need to be. I am here for you.'

I was about to answer him, when we heard a scream. It was definitely a woman's.

We ran like cheetahs. The young woman held her neck, she was covered in blood.

'Are you okay, miss?' I asked carefully.

She didn't answer us, instead she looked behind us and screamed again.

We turned around to meet 4 pairs of eyes. They were shining red. Taehyung grabbed my hand.

I saw that one creature from the shadow smiled at me viciously.

I couldn't see him crystal clear but his smirk... In a blink of an eye, they disappeared. It was scary as hell. They didn't want to fight with us. They could have because we were outnumbered. But why?

My heart was beating so fast, I could hardly breath. Something was off about this situation.

'Did they hurt you?' Taehyung asked the woman.

'Just one of them. The others dragged him away from me.' she whispered weakly.

'So these were guys?' I asked.

I became curious.

'Come with us, you should better go to the doctor.' I told her.

She shook her head and she looked frightened.

'Please...no.'

Taehyung and I looked at each other, and we grabbed the young woman's hand which was covering her neck. We couldn't believe what we saw: several bite marks.

'You know miss, that you don't have to let them...' Taehyung started but she cut him off. 'I did for the sake of my family. We are poor and if I let them drink my blood, they give me money. Simple as that.'

'But as I see it, they can't accept if you say no.' I said in a colder tone.

She didn't look up, she buried her head to her hands.

'We will help you. All of you. I promise.' I said and patted her back.

'Th...thank you.' she said.

We went back, we helped her to cover those little fang marks. She thanked us, and she went home.

'Where have you been?' Dad asked us.

'We found a woman who had just been attacked. They fed on her repetadly, she said no and they almost killed her.' Taehyung replied. 'What about you and guys?'

'They told that the vampires have a New King. He died owing to poisoning. His son rules them now.'

'And this boy is pretty dangerous. His dad wasn't as wild as him. Maybe he was but his son, twice worse.' Namjon informed us.

'What's his name?' I asked.

'Jeon Jungkook.'