Chapter 1

"ADAM!!!"

"ADAM COME BACK!!!YOUR GOING TO FAR!!!"

The golden eyed boy kept running farther into the woods,dirt and grime caking his face.The voice of his best friend getting farther and more distant.

"CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!!!"

After a couple more minutes of running,Adam stopped.It was silent.The wind blew in the trees and the dark sky made the surroundings eerie.But the golden eyed boy began to laugh again and run into a clearing,not caring about the darkness circling around him.

He was finally free.No more rules could hold him down.No boundaries.He knew it was dangerous to be alone after "The Event",especially at his age.But he couldn't care less.

Starting to sing nonsense,he noticed that there was something glowing in the field of grass.The glow shined down on an old rusted cabin.The wind halted.Suddenly he was nervous.What power so great could stop nature?

A unknown force made him tilt his head down to the ground.He noticed there were golden flowers growing on to the ground,leading to the cabin and forgetting his fears,began to follow it once again.

______

Opening the door wide,Adam coughed at the dust and old smell of the cabin.

Beginning to walk around the broken floor carefully,he noticed an old workbench,toolbox, metal parts of Pre- Event robotics lying around,and art supplies like pencils and markers.After going to the desk,he realized there were papers and blueprints all over the room as well as dusty pictures of a family.

Picking up the photograph,he noted the man was hairy,most likely of the Baccan species that had been wiped out during the war,as he learned in school.The woman was human,but with unnaturally green eyes and pale skin.There were two boys,one whom looked just like the father,hairy and all,but with his mother's eyes.The other boy was human,but didn't look like he belonged with any of them.

Instead of the green eyes or hairy fur, or pale complexion,he was tan and had bright yellow eyes,almost wolfish,brighter than Adam's.He was skinny,while the rest of his family were moderately plump.And he wore a golden dogtag around his neck.It made the golden eyed boy wonder if he was even part of the family at all.

Beginning to put the photo down,a small peace of paper fell from the back of the photo.Picking it up from the floor he realized it was to a type of robot,Gizmo 2- A, as it read on the paper.It also held several directions of how to turn it on.

Curiously he found the robot in the corner of the room and began to dust off the dirt and grime with his shirt.The robot bore a large orange eye and several screws around it.Looking at the instructions,he saw that he needed to look for a latch, in which would have in it the on and off buttons to activate it. Turning it around he saw the latch and unscrewed it with a random screwdriver in the toolbox.

He looked at the paper again in search for a blue button.Finding it on the robot,he pressed it.Nothing happened.

Pouting he got up and realized that nothing would probably happen,the thing was rusty and old.He put the paper on the desk,grabbed the photograph,put it in his pocket and began to leave.

Then a noise.A roaring noise.He yelped.

Turning around,he saw it was the robot he had been trying to fix moments ago.

It had a light blue eye and it was now.....levitating?

"Hello. I am Gizmo 2-A.How can I be of assistance Mr.H?"

Adam looked around confused.He smiled.

"I'm not Mr.H. I'm Adam!!!"He giggled "And I don't think Gizmo 2-A is a very nice name for a cute robot like you."

Looking around once again,he looked for something to name the robot.

"That is fine Sir. Adam. I have been programmed to like this name.There is no need to-"

"How about Budder?!"

"Budder? Your naming me after food?"

"No silly!!!I call the mineral-" He twitched,"G-gold....Budder!!!"

"May I ask why?"

"Because it's unique!!"

"And why is that?"

"You sure do ask a lot of questions?Don't
you?

"I'm sorry if I do Sir.Adam If it is a personal question,I will put in my programming a reminder that it is-"

Adam's face contorted into remembrance.

"N-No it's okay.Its just....I don't know why I call it that.I have ever since I was adopted."

Silence.

"Ahh.Okay.Then I will accept that as my new name."

More silence.Then suddenly Budder seemed to tense,his blue eye growing smaller.

"I sense an evil presence in the surrounding area.I think it would be best if we were to get away from here as fast as possible."

Adam looked up,a trace of knowing in his eyes.It vanished just as suddenly.

"Okay"

Opening the wooden door,he and Budder fled back to the voices looking for his figure, not realizing that something was watching their every move.