Chapter 9

"What. ARE. THOSE?" Adam yelped as seven items appeared in the air. Ty smiled.

The first looked exactly like his, but instead of the chain being plain yellow and the middle being a plain purple, it was a shiny golden color and the middle looked... almost otherworldly. It swirled almost like-

"A portal." Ty said. "Thats yours and its called the " Heart of Gold ". It was made by your fathers blacksmith, with real purple amethyst from The End. Take it."

Adam looked at the necklace in worry.

"What's wrong, don't you want it?"

"No its not that.... Its just.... Will I get Seto's burden...."

Ty stared at his old friend with bewilderment. Then burst out in laughter.

"No silly! I-Its not actually.... a... nevermind.... Just take it."

Adam took it in his hand, the heaviness and warmth of the item making his hand. Suddenly he dropped to the floor, feeling dizzy, everything Ty was saying was blocked out somewhat. Finally he sat up, but he felt...different.

"Whoa...." Ty said. He stepped back in awe.

"What's wrong?" Adam said in confusion.

"Why don't you look for yourself....?" Ty said, stepping away to reveal a mirror in back of him. Adam crawled up to the mirror and gasped.

Instead of his eyes being yellow, they were a shiny golden color, which shimmered in the light of the purple orbs. His hair was lighter, with golden streaks in some areas. His skin was also, lighter?

"What happened to me?!!" Adam yelled sliding back into a shelf of Seto's potions, knocking them all down. "What did you do to me?!"

"C-Calm down Adam! I didn't do anything. It was the amulet. This is you..... the real you."

"The real me?......Well almost.... " he said in awe. Then he remembered the other items.He pointed to them.

"Do those do the same thing?"

"Each one does a seperate action, for example...." Ty explained and picked up a ghostlike watch. Black mist swirled around it. "Like yours, its power can make the wearer invisible,create forms of protection and items at will.It worst properties are posion and telekintic abilities. The person gains health from who  its wounds in battle.Its element is air"

He picked up two more, the one on the left was a dogtag, the one on the right was a feather.

"The Tag of Silver was one used in battle for centuries as well as the Feather of the Wilderness. The Tag of Silver belongs to a warrior. One that can weild any weapon with extreme knowledge and tactics with the correct time and practice.Its element is fire. The Feather of the Wilderness belongs to a leader, one who can feel his enemies heartbeats, track them down with increased war tatics and aglity. Its element is earth."

Putting them down and picking up two others, another pair of glasses, though more advanced and a blue stoned necklace.

"The last two are the Vison of Crystal and The Liquid Stone. The Vision of Crystal, as you can see, are a pair of glasses. The glass is made out of diamond and the frame out of quartz. This item helps to reveal the unseen, increase agility and stealthiness, and lastly teleportation. Its element is shadow. The Stone of Liquid can help its user control any liquid. It can also help them to breath underwater and materialize into any liquid they please.Of course, its element is water."

Adam was looking to the floor, as he shifted an uncomfortable way.

"Do you know why Im telling you this Adam?"