1: Meeting the Ocean

On a beautiful and sunny Saturday, I woke up, smiling, as usual.

I'm just kidding. It's Monday and raining. I'm getting ready for the first day of school. This year is gonna suck. As usual.

I was walking in the street, kicking in every puddle I was seeing. I was wearing my green rain boots with alien faces on them. I pretty much wear the same clothes every day. I have nine green sweaters. All the same.

I arrived in the school's hallway, all wet cause of the rain.
"Yay, it's gonna be another shitty year in Beach City High." I whispered ironically while wiping the water on my yellow rain coat.
"What did you say, Peridot?"
"Aah !" I screamed, turning around to see who it was.
"Hey Peri!" my friend said, laughing.
"Oh it's just you, Steven."
Steven is a seventh grader who I hang out with because I have no friends. He's really nice and helped me a lot when I was new to this school.
Amethyst and her band arrived toward us.
She blowed a bubble of her bubblegum and said with a big smile :
"Yo, dudes!"
"Hey Ame!" Steven said." And Sapphire and Ruby and Pearl !"
"Good morning, Steven and Peridot." Sapphire told us, with her calm and soft voice.
"Uh, hi" I said.
The bell ringed.
"Oh, time for class !" Steven said. "Bye guys, see you later !"
"You'll say hi to Connie for us !" Pearl told Steven and winked.
"Sure!" He answered her as he was already gone.
"Later, P-dot !" Ame told me.
I waved them and they walked away to go in their respective classes. I looked at my schedule. First period : Biology.
I entered the classroom. Everyone was being loud and everything. I sat on a table in the back of the class and put my head in my hands. I heard someone sniffing in all these noises, so I looked next to me. Ruby was there, sad and frustrated.
"Oh my stars, Ruby, what happened?"
She looked at me.
"It's Sapph, we have NO classes in common this year ! NONE !"
"Oh, I'm so sorry, this sucks..." I said with compassion in my voice.
Ame entered in the classroom. When she saw Ruby, she ran toward her.
"Ruby, dude, what's wrong?"
"Sapphire and her don't have any classes in common this year." I said, so Ruby wouldn't have to repeat.
"Oh dude, that's shitty but look, i'm here! Isn't it great?"
Ruby wiped her tears.
"Yea, maybe you're right, I overreacted. Thanks, Ame."
"Hey Per, you mind if I seat there?" Ame said, pointing the seat in the middle of Ruby and I.
"Uh, no, of course go ahead."

Everyone was still being loud in the classroom.
Suddenly, the door opened. And every sounds around me stopped.
A blue haired girl entered. She was wearing a blue and white top, a grey skirt and over-knee socks. She looked like... the ocean.
"Peri, dude, can you pass me a pen ? I forgot mine."
I couldn't even pay attention to Amethyst. All I could see was... her.
"Dude ?" Ame repeated.
She noticed I was staring at the ocean girl.
"Whoa P-dot, I bet you think she's cute." She said with a playful smile.
I started blushing.
"Uh ? What ? No." I denied. But I could feel my cheeks become even more red.
I looked at Ame and she was staring at me like : are you kidding me ? I was blushing more and more, I wanted it to stop.
"Amethyst can you SHUT the fuck UP please."
Everyone stopped talking and turned towards me.
"o-kay dude..." Ame said. "weirdo" she whispered.
The girl came towards us.
"Hey guys, do you mind if I sit here ?"
I looked at her and said : "N-no s-sure go ahead."
"I'm Lapis by the way." She said while putting her stuffs and sitting down.
"Per-peridot. Very glad to meet you."
She chuckled.
"Haha, you're adorable."
I blushed and turned to see Ame and Ruby.
They both smiled at me. Ruby left her thumb up. I took a deep breath and said : "So, you're new here ?"
"Yea, I moved here with my mom this summer."
"Oh, cool."
The teacher arrived, running. She was late.
"Sorry, oh my, I'm late on the first day. So, I'm Ms. Blue, everyone welcome our new student, her name is Lapis, be gentle. Let's start the class. So. First..."
I stopped listening to the teacher and start doodling something on a sheet of paper.
"Hey, can I eat with you for lunch, I literally have no friends here you can guess..." Lapis whispered, a little embarrassed.
"Of course, I usually eat alone, so yea."
She smiled.
She's really pretty. I hope I'm not blushing too much.
"Oooh...What are you doodling?" She asked.
"Mhm, just some stuffs from a video game I like." I said, shyly.
"You play video games ? That's so cool, I play video games sometimes too !" She said, sounding excited.
"Wh-really? Which ones you like?"
"I don't play a lot of video games but my favorite is probably... Overwatch ?" She answered.
"NO. NO WAY." I stopped.
"What ?" She said, smiling.
"It's MY FAVORITE TOO!!"
"We have to play it together some times !!" She said.
Oh my god she asked me play with her.
"Of... course !"
The bell ringed.
Lapis and I were in to the cafeteria with our trays. Jasper arrived towards us.
In primary school, she bullied me everyday. Since I'm hanging with Steven, the principal's son, Ms. Quatrz, Jasper stopped. How odd...
She arrived and punched Lapis' tray.
"Oops... sorry..." She turned around to smile at her two "friends" who are following us everywhere, Tori and Toni. ((a/n: Blue and yellow pearl.))
Lapis had tomato sauce all over her clothes.
"What gives you the right to hurt her you clod !"
And I punched Japser right in the nose.
"Peri!" Lapis screamed.
Tori gasped. Toni was slightly giggling so Tori punched her arm.
My fist was hurting.
Jasper was bleeding.
A teacher arrived.
"What's happening here?" Ms. Diamond said.