3: Hanging out

Peridot's POV

I was doing my homework, or more like being distracted by the new girl, in my room when my stepbrother entered.
"How was that first day, uh? My lil peri of the dot"

Shane is a little bit like the cool dad I never had. But he's also very nice to me and I can tell him everything. We fight like brothers and sisters sometimes but I still love him.
We mostly fight because when I want to invite friends over he says no, but when he wants to invite his boyfriend to watch movies in my room because the TV is in my room, no one asks me permission.

"It was alright" i answered. "But I met that girl and-"
"a gIRL ?" He repeated super loudly.
"Yea. Shush." I was blushing.
"you shush."
"shush !!! Let me finish."
"Shush shush shush shush..."
"she showed me her bra, ok?" I said so we would listen to me.
And it worked.
"wait what ? Listen Peri, I'm okay with the fact that your gay, of course but the first day? Seriously?"
"AAAAAAA. It was a sort of accident, she-"
"Sort of?"
I sighed.
"Jasper punched her tray and she had tomato sauce all over her shirt so we ended up in the girl's locker room and she changed in front of me so I saw her bra. It was very uncomfortable so I left immediately."
"You are so stupid." he announced, laughing.
"What? My face was even more red than the tomato on her shirt, i was not gonna stand there, dying."
"Anyways, you should continue hang out with her and forget yesterday though."
"Maybe you are right."
"Of course I am. Now come downstairs, dinner's ready."

The next day, I talked to her and told her it was ok about yesterday. She excused herself again and we hung out all day.
The whole week, we were taking lunch together. We even went outside to eat with Ame and Pearl, on Wednesday. It was fun. She told us about her life in her old town. I was making jokes and she would laugh. We laughed a lot. Her smile is cute, I couldn't stop blushing and I think Ame and Pearl noticed.

Now it's friday and I'm gonna ask her to go to the park with me so we could spend some time only her and me outside high school.
Our last period was over and I was about to go talk to her.
I packed my stuffs and waited for her outside the classroom.
"Hey Lazuli! Are you free right now?"
"Don't call me like that ever again but I guess, why?" She said, smiling.
"We could go to the park...together?" I nervously asked.
"To do what?"
"Hang out? I guess?"
Ame arrived in our conversation.
"Hang out? Where, dudes?"
"No it's actually just Lapis and-"
Lapis interrupted me to answer to Amethyst.
"In a park, I think."
"Yea, i'm in! You're coming P?" Ame told Pearl who was passing by.
"Only if you are!" She said, smiling at Amethyst.
"We could also ask Ruby and Sapphire!" Ame said.
"Cool!" Lapis said, following the others towards the school's entry.

Clods, clods, clods. Fucking clods. I wanted to hang out with LAPIS. And ONLY Lapis. I can't believe she just did that.

As we were all going to the park, I was behind Lapis and my friends, walking, the hands in my sweatshirt's pockets.
Lapis was laughing with the others.
Suddenly, Lapis came to talk to me.
"Hey Peri, are you alright? Why aren't you with us?" She asked me.
"I'm just... thinking..."
"Can I stay with you while you think?" She said, putting her head on my shoulder and looking at me with her beautiful blue eyes.
I was blushing so much.
"Yea, of course." I smiled to her.
We went to sit on a bench while Ame and Ruby were running everywhere and Pearl and Sapph were sitting on the sand and talk.
"What were you thinking about, earlier?" Lapis asked after a moment of silence.
"N-nothing important..."
She giggled.
"Okay... then, are you alright?..."
I suddenly realized that finally, i kinda had what I wanted. I was alone, talking with her, outside the school. And it felt great. I felt something very nice and pleasing. I didn't want it to stop.
"Yea, I'm alright, how are you?"
"I'm great."

She smiled.
I smiled.

For once in my life, I felt like someone cared about me.