Chapter 9

The night was young and the five of the gang headed out to the docks where all the boats took off, Willow explained it would take about 2 days to get to South Australia. The boat was fairly crowded it seemed everyone wanted to get as far away from the big empty hole that was Sunnydale. They were all shoved into one room, with two double beds, Xander, Willow and Dawn took one and Spike and Buffy took the other. They all just decided they would go to bed, since there was nothing to do on the boat. Everyone fell straight asleep except Buffy, she lied awake with Spike's arm wrapped around her, she looked up at the digital clock glowing in the deep darkness it flashed 1:00 am, she rolled over forcing her eyes shut but nothing.

'AHHHHHHH!' screamed a girl

Buffy sat up startled by the scream, Spike woke up in an instant.

'What's wrong love?' He asked

'Someone screamed...' Buffy replied getting up and walking around trying to listen.

Xander woke up,

'Buff did you scream?' he asked curiously

'What no! It isn't always me!' Buffy wined

'AHHHHHH!!!!!!' The girl screamed again

Buffy ran out the room, and onto the front deck, a vampire was trying to hold the poor girl down trying to bite her.

'It won't hurt for long' he lied to the girl 'you can even become one of me if you want!'

'AAHHHHHH!' the helpless girl screamed

'Ugh! I really hoped all you guys blew up with Sunnydale' Buffy laughed

'Slayer...!' He jerked his head to look at her

'Yeah I know'

'No Weapons? Aha' the vampire laughed

'Well you don't know what I've got'

Buffy ran up and fly kicked him in the face, the vampire angrily jumped up and threw a punch Buffy ducked and missed, the girl was in the corner whimpering.

'Well run!' Buffy yelled at the girl

The girl sniffled, wiped her tears and ran.

Buffy kicked the vampires leg and he flopped to the floor, she picked him up and threw him over board.

'AHH!' he yelled

'Don't need weapons' Buffy laughed and walked off.

The scoobies sat up in bed worried, Buffy walked in the room confused why they would be.

'You alright Buffy?' Willow asked

'You kay pet?' Spike also asked

'Can vampires swim?' Buffy replied

All eyes turned to Spike

'Um depends if you can before you are a vampire'

'Can you?' Dawn asked Spike

'No... Not really' Spike mumbled

'Well I hope that vampire couldn't I threw him overboard!' Buffy said

'Haha Wow' Xander laughed

Buffy got back into bed and Spike spooned her, she fell asleep straight away.