Chapter 30

The doctors looked up through the glass at the gang, with their faces pressed against the glass looking in. No one was allowed in, not even Spike. Buffy had been rushed to hospital, the baby had been delivered but Buffy had not woken up. The baby had been washed and was placed into one of the glass cots, the poor baby couldn't even be held by its own mother. Spike watched the little baby outside the window tears pouring down his face like a water fall. He wasn't allowed to hold the baby before the mother. The baby won't even hear my heart beat how will it know it is safe? Spike thought to himself. Buffy was hooked up to about three machines all working as fast as they could. Sometimes Spike swore he could see Buffy flinch or a finger move.

'I can't believe this' Spike finally said quietly sitting down into one of the chairs in the waiting room. Tears still falling down his face.

'I told you magic was bad!' He yelled, some people turned and awkwardly looked at Spike.

'I didn't know' Willow mumbled

'Well you should of, tried something... I... I don't know!' Spike replied stuttering trying to hold back tears and stop them from dripping off his face. One of the doctors walked out of Buffy's room, he looked at his clip board and asked

'Er is their a William Pratt here?'

'Yes!' Spike replied jumping off the chair.

'I'm sorry you're?' The doctor asked confused about his relation with Buffy.

'Oh I am um Buffy's boyfriend' Spike stuttered

'Oh I see, well I have some bad news' The doctor started, Spike's eyes forming a fresh layer of tears ready to bubble over

'We don't think... Buffy will make it' The doctor continued, Spike's tears slowly slithered down his face.

'She lost a lot of blood, her heart is pumping very fast'

Spike slowly backed away sitting down again he put his head in his hands and cried. The doctor stared at him unsure about what to do.

'Can I see her?' Spike asked

'Yes' the doctor replied leading the way to Buffy's room, she laid in her bed pale and still, the machines beeping telling everyone that she was still alive. He sat down next to her and held her hand the machine beeped a little faster he quickly turned and looked at her heart rate, so did the doctor, it had gone up a little.

'Must be true love' The doctor smiled exiting the room.

'Hey Buff it's me' Spike smiled at Buffy, tears stained all over his pale vampire cheeks.

'I miss you so much, you are really scaring me right now, our baby's born, I am not allowed to hold it, and I wasn't allowed to be with you when it was born, I am only seeing you now for the first time, I am scared Buffy come back to us please, come back to me' Tears flooded from Spike's eyes and dripped onto Buffy's hand as he leaned over her, Buffy's hand moved, her fingers slowly tightened around Spike's hand, his eye widened and he sat up straight. Buffy's eye began to twitch,

'Baby? Are you awake!?' Spike asked, Buffy's hand grabbed Spike's really tight and her mouth twitched a little trying to open, trying to speak a word quietly, flowed out

'Spike...?'

'Buffy!!??' He yelled

Buffy's eye slowly opened, shutting and opening to try and contain the bright light flooding into her eyes.

'Oh my gosh Buffy!' He yelled tears slowly dripping down his face, she smiled at him.

'DOCTOR!' Spike yelled