Chapter 29

Willow drove the car, they sat in silence except for the sound of Spike weeping.

'Buffy is not going to die' Willow whispered turning the corner 'Come on Buffy's died twice and you once, kind of'

'That's true' Spike whispered looking out the window.

'Look, when women can't give birth normally, they can have a C Section, it's um where they practically cut you open and take the baby out' Willow told him stopping at the traffic light, Spike turned and looked at Willow, a small smile on his face.

'That could work! Couldn't it?' Spike said

'Yeah, except a doctor needs to do that and Buffy is only about 5 months pregnant and that is way to early for the baby to be born' Willow told Spike, he frowned.

'I am going to ask anyway!' Spike said

'Okay' Willow replied pulling up into the drive way and putting the brakes on. Spike and Willow both got out the car in sync and Willow went and opened the door. It was about 1 am and the house was dark, Willow looked at the clock, since when did it get that late she thought. Buffy came bouncing down the stairs and jumped into Spike's arms just as he closed the door. He wrapped her up tight.

'I thought you would be asleep' he whispered

'I can't sleep without you' Buffy replied

'Are you tired?' Spike asked

'Yes' Buffy frowned

'Okay' Spike took Buffy's hand and gave Willow a look saying we will tell them in the morning. Willow sat down at the kitchen bench top on the stools wondering what they could possibly do to save Buffy. She went into the lounge room and flicked the little lamp on and sat on the ground with her laptop on the coffee table. She had uploaded most of the spells, demons and mythical books onto her laptop. She scrolled through all the spells wondering if any could help. She stopped her scrolling when one caught her eye, a fast spell it speeded up any process, she looked through the examples

• Cooking

• Relationships

• Events

• Time (only slightly)

• Other spells

• A persons actions

• Pregnancy

Wait pregnancy she thought stopping in the middle of the examples, that could work she thought again.

'If I speed the pregnancy up the doctor will have to take her in!' Willow said her voice a little too loud.

'Whoops' she whispered covering her mouth, she tabbed the page so she knew what one it was and flicked the light off going to her room.

'How did it go?' Buffy asked when they finally got to their room.

'Fine' Spike replied going to make the bed

'So what happened?' Buffy asked more questions

'Love I am really tired and so are you, I will tell everyone tomorrow morning' Spike said, Buffy looked at him and went up to him, looking at his eyes, she couldn't see it before but since they had the light on in their room she noticed. Spike's eyes were red and glassy.

'Have you been crying!?' Buffy panicked

'No!' Spike replied going into the on suite and turning on the shower

'Have you had a shower?' He asked

'No' She replied taking off her clothes and joining him in the shower. Buffy didn't look into Spike's eyes she knew he was lying to her, Spike noticed she wasn't looking at him plus she wasn't saying a word.