Chapter 23

'Now what?' Xander asked when they got back to the house.

'Well I don't know' Giles replied

'I say we go to bed!' Buffy announced

'Yeah' Spike agreed

'We'll talk about it tomorrow' Giles said

'Mhm' Buffy mumbled back, dragging her feet up the stairs and into her room. She started changing into her pyjamas, Spike walked in.

'You okay love?' He asked her

'Mhm' Buffy replied, pulling her top over her head and heading towards the bathroom, she washed her face and brushed her teeth. Buffy walked out the on suite and climbed into bed.

'Buffy...?' Spike asked

'Mhm?' She replied

'Pet what's wrong?'

Buffy didn't reply, Spike took off his shirt and pants and put his pyjama pants on and climbed into bed with Buffy. He snuggled up to her

'Love?' He asked

'Mhm?' She replied again

'Look at me'

Buffy rolled over and faced Spike with her eyes shut.

'Buffy I know you're upset I wasn't born yesterday, aha... Sorry and I know you think somethings not right about this baby but it feels right Buffy, being with you, having this baby with you all feels right and that's what I want right now to feel right with you love'

Buffy shuffled closer to him and he wrapped his arms around her and Buffy cried her eyes out.

'Shh baby' Spike whispered into her hair 'it's okay I'm here'

Buffy finally caught her breath back, sniffled her nose and wiped her tears away, Spike looked her in the eyes and smiled. Buffy rolled over and Spike spooned her until she finally fell asleep.

Buffy woke up before Spike, his hands around her holding her in place, if she moved he would wake up she rolled around and faced him, he moved a bit but stayed asleep. Buffy frowned she thought that would of woken him up. She decided she would get up anyway then, she slid out from his arms and jumped into the shower and stood in the hot water for about 20 minutes, thinking about everything that had happened in the past couple of days. Buffy heard some movement in the bedroom, Spike must be up she thought, she turned the water of and wrapped a towel around her and stepped out. She grabbed the hair dryer and dried her hair starring into the mirror, she wasn't smiling Buffy just always felt upset, when will everything just be okay she thought to herself, Spike walked in and she turned the dryer off.

'Sorry love' he said

'No, I'm finished' Buffy replied walking out the room and lying on the bed.

Spike got in the shower himself but only stayed in there for two minutes. He got out and walked back into the bedroom and got dressed, he looked at Buffy lying on the bed wrapped in her bath towel, she looks really sad he thought.

'You getting dressed love?' Spike asked Buffy

'Maybe' She replied

Spike went and lied down next to her

'What's wrong?' he asked

'Nothing I'm just sad' Buffy answered

'I'm sorry' Spike told her

'It isn't your fault'

'Well Buff if you think about it, maybe it is'

'Spike this is no ones fault. I'm happy we are having a child together there is nothing I want more, theres just some disadvantages about being pregnant and haha this is one of them, I'm going to be moody, grumpy, sad and want random things and I can't help that. But it is no ones fault' Buffy laughed a bit for the first time in a while.

'Alright love, good I'm happy we are having a child too. For a second... I thought you didn't want one'

'What! Why would you think that?' Buffy wailed

'Because you were worrying so much about why the kid was moving along so fast, think about it you are the slayer and I'm a vampire the kid isn't going to be exactly normal the kid's going to be probably super strong and everything, maybe that's why it's growing so fast' Spike told Buffy

'Yeah, yeah that does make a lot of sense Spikey' Buffy got up and got dressed, Spike sat up

'That's better' he smiled

'You didn't like my towel?' Buffy laughed

'Haha come here love' Spike asked

Buffy went over and sat on his lap and wrapped her arms around him, he stroked her back.

'We'll get through all of this together' He told her

'Good I could never do it without you' Buffy smiled 'My gosh I'm starving though' Buffy laughed

'Haha lets get breakfast' Spike laughed back.

Incase you are wondering one of the reasons I made Buffy be pregnant is because I love Buffy and Spike together and two because I want Spike to take care of her because Buffy can do so much on her own so I made her pregnant so she is kind of weak so Spike can take care of her