8

Harley
I slowly open my eyes and groan.

as I try to lift myself off the dusty floor of the store, I feel something hold me down.

"What the hell?.." I mumble under my breath. I look down and see an arm wrapped around my waist.

I blink a couple times to wake myself up a little more and realize who it was.

Carl's arm was wrapped around my waist as he was sleeping soundly.

"Gahh!" I gasp and quickly stand up. "The hell?!" I whisper yell.

He mumbles something under his breath and turns over.

I scoff and run my hand through my hair and sigh.

I walk towards the window and open the blinds. I squint as the morning light hits my eyes.

The walkers are gone..

I pick up my bag off the floor and walk over to the sleeping boy. "Hey, idiot. Wake up" I nudge his side with my foot.

He groans and turns over. "Five more minutes dad.." he mumbles and I raise my eyebrow. "Do I look like you're dad, dumbass?!" I yell and he jolts awake.

He squints at me with his fatigue-covered eyes and sighs.

I smile and nudge him again. "Cmon, get up, we gotta go.." I say and reach my hand down, offering to help him up.

He looks at my hand, then at me. "Hurry up, will ya?" I ask and he sighs, grabbing ahold of my hand.

I pull him up and he stumbles forewords. "They're gone, we can go now.." I say and he nods, grabbing his bag.

We pull the couch away from the double doors and open them.

I grab onto my backpack and we start walking.

"I'll walk you to your place." I say. "No, I'll walk you to yours" he says.

"Do you really think that's a good idea?" I raise my eyebrow and look at him.

"I guess.." he mumbles. "Besides, I'd rather deal with my dad's shit later than now.." I mumble and he sighs.

"I'm sorry for you.."

"Don't be," I say. "He doesn't hurt me."

"Much.." I sigh and he shakes his head.

"That's still isn't good, Harley" he says as we walk through the thick forest.

"Whatever.." I mutter.
_________

"Here we are" I say as I see Alexandria in view.

"This is as far as I can go." I say as I stop walking behind the large gates.

"Alright.." he says as I smile, "cya!" I say and start walking back into the forest.

About a minute later I hear Carl call my name. I turn around, still close to the gates.

"What?" I say and he motions me to come over to him. "Hurry!" He whisper/yells.

I tilt my head to the side in confusion as I run towards him. I run to the entrance of the gates where he stood.