pentagon • hui

" damn this is hard."

you said and scratched your head while looking at the lyrics on the paper.

" just try harmonize the lyrics with your vocals." your vocal trainer said and you nodded.

suddenly,your manager entered the room with a familiar figure following behind him.

you stood up and greeted both of them.

" hey y/n.can we talk with you for a minute ? " your manager asked.

you then felt worried because your manager would usually see you face to face if there's a problem.

you nodded," sure."

and then you followed both of them,leaving the studio.

" what's wrong ? " you asked.

" well,cube united's concert is getting nearer and the ceo wants the some of the idols to collaborate with trainees." he explained." he said that it's for the ratings and all."

" ratings,right." you scoffed.

" anyways,you know hui right ? hui from pentagon? " your manager asked and you nodded.

hui stepped in front and greeted you.

" you'll be collaborating with him."

oh wow.

" so you both can discuss about your perfomance while i'll talk with your vocal trainer." your manager said.

" waitnow ??? "you raised a brow while emphasising the 'now' word.

he nodded," yes now.have fun both of you ! " and your manager left the both you alone.

hui smiled awkwardly and coughed," umy/n,right ? "

" yeah.so you're from pentagon ?? " you asked and he nodded.

" yeah.my real name is hwitaek."

" so which one should i call you ? hwitaek or hui ? " you chuckled.

he smiled," which one do you prefer ? "

" i'm just gonna call you taek so that it's kinda different.is it okay ? " you asked.

" yeah sure ! " he nodded." umshould we discuss somewhere else ? the practice room or something ? "

" yeah let's go to my practice room." you suggested and he agreed.

you led him towards the room and entered together.you both sat on the floor,facing each other.

and it was awkward.

you both didn't know what to say to each other.

you both weren't really that close.in fact,you both aren't close at all.you never talked with each other before.maybe there were a few smiles involved and that's probably it.