Happy Family

I ended up not being able to stay over, and instead was forcibly summoned back into my loud, screamo filled hole of a house by my mums hopeful pleas.
Don't get me wrong the feel of home was still there, and it was a beautiful house Mr. Min and my mum decided to by after their marriage. The outside was a nice foggy beige with white trim and a red brick walkway and a brightly painted wine red door. But it didn't feel the same- it wasn't as comfortable or filled of familiarity as the old one was.

Upon reaching the front, I could just feel the buzz of music beneath my feet.

Ugh! Honestly. I can't believe he's still at it. I groaned in exasperation.

"Mum, I'm home." I yelled over the blasting sound of 'Waking the Demon' by Bullet for My Valentine.

His door must be open. I thought angrily. I passed through the kitchen, grabbing a muffin and giving my mum a kiss on the cheek before heading up to my room and slamming the door shut.
I marched my way over to my bed and flipped down with a creak in the springs.
There were a few clouds poking about the sky outside my window as the last few shades of pink slowly faded to a dark purple. The lights of the city patterning the rest of the area with a dim glow and subtle ambience from the roads.

I got up from my bed and plugged in my fairy lights that hung over my desk along with the glowing white 'feelings' bar sign over my stretch of windows.
For a while I sat at my desk, sketching away at my watercolor pages and capturing the street down to Bubble Cup and the back of Taehyung as we'd made our merry way to the establishment just earlier today.
I finally heard the music next door come to a stop and took a deep breath of relief.

Finally. I thought, searching through my phone and pressing play. The soft hum of Zulu Winter's 'People That You Must Remember' played through my small plug in speaker.

Then the door swung open.

"Hey Jiminie Jingles. Dinner." Yoongi spoke. I turned around to find the elder leaning against my door frame. I groaned and peered back down at my drawing.

"I was just getting in the zone though." I pouted quietly. I'd just broken out my water paints and Kolinsky brushes, growing comfortable with the subtle yellow lighting my desk lamp gave off.

"Too bad, brat. C'mon." He rolled his eyes before going back around to the hallway and thumping his way down to the kitchen.
I looked down at my work and bit my lip.

I'll have more creative flow after eating. I reassured myself, nodding hesitantly before getting up and going downstairs as well.
Upon reaching the dining area I found my mother setting the food on the table and taking her seat next to Mr. Min who, for once, was actually in a honey yellow hoodie and a plaid pair of pajama pants instead of his usual stuffy suit.
He had a tired smile placed on his face as my mother leaned in and gave him a soft peck on his cheek, his eyes crinkling in delight. I smiled lightly at the sight, then frowned in noticing that the only seat left was the one next to Yoongi.

Of course. I internally groaned. I walked over and sat down quietly, giving Mr. Min a polite nod and poured myself some of the stew and grabbed some of the kimchi jjagae my mum had prepared. We all ate in silence, a few words from my mum asking how the food was, how Mr. Min's day was and so on.

"Excuse me." Yoongi mumbled, wiping his hands oh his napkin and getting up to rid of his dishes, turning down my mother's offer of taking them herself with a cold glare.

"Yoongi." Mr. Min said in a subtle warning tone.

"I'm tired." He monotoned before walking past us and heading upstairs to his room and slamming the door. I cleared my throat and excused myself as well, bowing politely and thanking my mother for the food before busting my own dishes, bidding them goodnight and heading up as well.
When I approached my door I heard the full roar of Yoongi's music, already back up and running.