Chapter 4✓

Lucas's POV

"Nope! I'm out!" I say after the first jump scare of Noah's horror movie. I get up and leave the room, ignoring Noah's snickering behind me.

I walk into the kitchen across the hall, sitting down on a stool at the counter. Noah pauses his movie and follows after me. He walks into the kitchen laughing.

"It's not as scary as you're making it out to be," He tells me with a smirk. I look over at him, a grin forming on my face as well.

"I don't like to be scared," I disagree matter-of-factly

"I do," He says sarcastically. "It's my favourite feeling in the world." I chuckle at his response. He sits down on a stool beside mine.

"So you're telling me people watch those for fun?"

"Sometimes for fun. Sometimes on dates and stuff so they can hold the other person close to them. Sometimes just to feel something."

"That last one was deep."

"I know. I'm like the freaking Grand Canyon."

"I thought you were a homosexual rabbit?"

"I can't be both?"

"Fair enough."

Noah looks at the time on the microwave. "Wanna go and finish the movie?"

"It depends, will you hold me?" I mock. Noah laughs quietly, his face turning red.

"Come on, weirdo."

...

For the majority of the movie, I have a throw pillow up to my face, peaking up over it but having it close enough to cover my eyes if something scary happens. I am also constantly muttering, "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you," to Noah for most of it, him breaking into a fit of laughter that lasted the whole movie.

When it finally ends, the only thing I can say is, "Thank god it's over!"

Noah chuckles, "It wasn't that bad. I thought it was a pretty good movie. You have to admit, the storyline was amazing."

"There was a storyline to that bullshit?"

Noah chuckles again, nodding. The living room door opens once again, two boys and a little girl walking in, presumably Noah's siblings, Aaron, Alex and Kit.

" 'Sup nerd, who's your friend?" The oldest--Aaron--asks Noah playfully when he gets in the door. Noah laughs and leads me to his siblings.

"This is Lucas. Lucas, this is Aaron, Alex and Kit," Noah says to them. I smile. Alex looks me up and down, then looks at Noah.

"Is he gay?" He asks boldly. Aaron slaps him on the back of the head.

"Way to be polite, ass weasel!" Aaron growls. He turns to me, offering an apologetic smile. "Sorry about him, he's an idiot."

"It's no problem," I reply, then look to Alex, still rubbing the back of his head. "And, you're not an idiot, Alex. I understand your reasoning for asking," I tell him.

"So, is that a no?" Alex says simply. Aaron hits him again, harder this time. "Ow!" Alex exclaims.

"The dumber you are, the more it hurts, brother dearest, so get your rude, outing ass upstairs," Aaron hisses. Alex raises his hands in defeat.

"Okay, okay, whatever. It was just a question." He marches upstairs and I hear a door close.

"Well, now that you've met our hamster, I'll leave you two to it," Aaron says in an odd tone. He walks upstairs, only calling Kit--who doesn't follow him--when he's halfway up.