Free At Last

The den was dark and eerie. No sound was presented other than the dripping of raindrops outside the den's only window. It was cold since there was no insulation to keep one warm.

   But why would it have to since that was the punishment?

   Hunter shivered as he pulled onto his thin linen collar to trap in some heat, but it didn't quite work. His slap mark was no longer there to keep his cheek warm. Instead a blue swollen mark swelled upon his face.

His stomach bellowed with hunger, there was no food down there at the den. Unfortunately his stomach would have to stay like that until the morning when he were to be released.

The younger huntsman looked up at the ceiling for a distraction of his hunger and coldness. A small drop of water dropped down the upper wall and landed on Hunter's forehead. He stuck out his tongue for the next drop, but it never came.

" Great," Hunter thought as he stuck his tongue back in." I'm going to be starched too."

Thanks to the long day, Hunter was tired. The rain still pounded through the night so it was a great opportunity for Hunter to take a nice nap.

Hunter's eyes shut themselves as Hunter curled up in a nice spot at a corner for some deep sleep. And he tried hard not to dream about a big feast of fresh vegetables and fruit.

_____________

Ashlynn Ella looked around for a nice dress to put on. She thought about one that her mother gave her on her twelfth birthday. It was a big sky blue gown with white accents that fit her perfectly. It didn't fit her at the time, but her mother told her that it would fit her at special time.

    Even though it wasn't a big event that Ashlynn would call special

Even though it wasn't a big event that Ashlynn would call special. She still went with it anyway. It would remind her of her sweet caring mother.

She tied her hair up in a small bun and clipped the access hair with an artificial flower with the color blue.

Once she was done, she walked on down to the grand entrance hall where her father was with Prince Simon and his parents. She put on a fake smile and bowed before them just like she was taught.

   " Your highnesses." Ashlynn bowed with grace, which was definitely fake, but they didn't notice. " It is an honor to have you all as guests."

    " Shall we eat then?" her father said after her greeting. Ashlynn avoided eye contact with Prince Simon as possible as she could.

    " We shall." Simon's parents replied.

   At the dinner table, everyone except for Ashlynn, talked about the wedding plans and what Prince Simon would do as king. Ashlynn just focus on her food, which was a full plate of vegetables along with some fruit, no meat for her. Everyone else had just meat since they just were pure carnivores. What a failure.