Learning The Ropes

" Huh, seems quite simple." Ashlynn said as she held onto her broom and started to sweep the floor.

Ashlynn and Hunter were both in the kitchen as Hunter taught her to sweep. Which was...quite strange.

" Yeah....simple." Hunter replied as he grew suspicion about the young lady. Now he was the one getting suspicious. She knew barely anything about cleaning. Every woman and girl around where he lived knew. But he knew it was wrong to judge others.

But this girl....

Everyone else had left to do some hunting around the forest and it was obvious that they would have to keep the house clean. Top to bottom.

" So, what did you do to make them angry?" Hunter asked. Ashlynn looked up at him and laughed.

" I got a bit too defensive." she laughed.

" Really?" Hunter asked with curiosity. If she knew how to fight then she was something...more than a regular village girl. " What do you mean by 'getting too defensive'?"

" I socked one of them in the eye." Ashlynn gestured by motioning her arm like she was punching someone.

   No wonder he saw his brother burst inside with a huge black eye the day before. He was impressed.

   " What did you do?" Ashlynn asked.

   " Oh, I didn't do anything actually." Hunter replied as she gasped.

   " You mean that...you're one of them?!" Ashlynn gasped dumbfounded.

  " You mean a Huntsman...yeah." Hunter looked embarrassed. " What did you think I was?"

   " I thought you were a poor victim." Ashlynn leaned her broom against the table.

" Looks like looks don't define anything." Hunter laughed. " I'm the leader's son. And the one you punched in the eye is my brother."

    " Well this is awkward." Ashlynn's face burned red.

   " Don't worry about. I'm sure he deserved it." Hunter replied returning to sweeping the floor. He looked down the whole time they cleaned until Ashlynn asked another question of course.

    " Does that mean that you're part of the murder crimes they do?" she asked as Hunter suddenly memorized something. That day when he released that man. Hunter didn't know what to say, but he knew that he had to say something.

" Where did you get that nonsense?" Hunter narrowed his eyes up at her still staying in his position, just positioning his head a little. His chest started to tighten slowly.

" It's true...my b-" Ashlynn realized as she slammed her mouth shut with her palm over it.

" Your what?" Hunter asked.

" N-N-Nothing." Ashlynn denied. "Nothing at all."

" Spill it." Hunter snapped. He straightened up and looked at her in the eye. "Trust me."

" No..." Ashlynn said. " I can't, you're a Huntsman, I can't trust you. Everybody knows that."

" You trusted me until now. Just tell me. I won't tell anyone."

" You promise?" Ashlynn raised her eyebrow with a spark of trust in her heart.

" I promise." Hunter still looked her in the eye.

" My butler told me that you guys tend to...murder people." Ashlynn spat out.

   " Well, that's not true. But who are you? Who even owns a butler around this area? The only people who does would be royal-" Hunter widened his eyes. Fear arose in Ashlynn as she shook her head negative.

    " You're a princess...are you?" Hunter shook his head positive.

   " No I'm not-"

   " Hold it right there." a voice said as a person bursted through the door. His father.

" Princess Ashlynn of the Ella kingdom? I knew you looked...familiar." He bowed then he smirked widely upon his face. This wasn't going to be good.

Hey everybody! Here's another chapter! I hope that you liked it! See ya!
-HubbyBubby14