Midnight Ride

Hunter ran towards the Huntsmen stables to see if there were any horses left alive. He burst inside as he found only one left. It was black as the night sky and its hair flowed majestically, ready to be the horse it was meant to be.

   " Lighting!" Hunter whispered to his horse. The horse neighed softly as she saw her owner. She shook her head to the side as she tried to tell Hunter what had occurred.

    " Lighting, I saw what happened. But don't worry, nothing going to happen to you." Hunter brushed her slick black mane.  " I promise."

    The horse neighed one more time. She clapped her rear hooves against the wooden floor ready to gallop to Hunter's destination. He opened the gate and let Lightning walk out of her shed. He placed all needs to ride and as soon as he found everything, the two galloped away into the forest night.

Lightning's hooves clacked and clapped against the rigidity pebbled path. Wind blew stronger and stronger each mile they reached. Hunter tugged onto Lightning's reins and slashed them as he felt the strengths zap through him. He felt this every time he rode Lightning anywhere. That was the reason why he named her that. Lightning neighed loud as her reins gotten slashed since it was a response for positive.

Tricklets of raindrops fell from the sky as they landed on Hunter's damped hair. He felt the weight of the world come off his back, chest, and mind. His stage of the night wasn't to come, for now.

After a while, the horse and his rider reached the gates of the Ella kingdom. It was quiet and peaceful as Hunter sneaked past the sleeping guards and entered the state community. There was no one in sight, but at the distance, lights shone bright from the rooms of what seemed like a castle. The wedding.

" Red handed." Hunter thought as he smiled. He pulled out the invitation and a map he snatched far back when he and Ashlynn escaped. " Like a criminal."

He tugged lightly on the reins and Lighting trudged quietly only making a sound from her hooves in the darkness. As they got closer and closer, the two heard cheers, celebrating, and a few tossing flowers into the air. Definitely the engagement.

____________________

The princess stood up from her vanity after placing some finishing touches as Edward knocked on her bedroom door.

" Come in." she said as Edward along with Herald walked inside. Edward looked like he was the happiest person on earth while Herald seemed like he had something on his mind.

" Oh Ashlynn you look gorgeous!" Edward exclaimed, he was sure happy. He held both of her hands as he examined her dress.

" Yes, gorgeous..." Herald mumbled as he stared into the distance.

" Is everything alright Herald, you seem...worried about something. It was ever since you returned to the castle."

" Edward, do you think that you can leave me alone with her majesty? I need to have an important chat with her." Herald asked.

" Why of course.." he said as he released Ashlynn's hands and swiftly left the room closing the door behind him.

" Ashlynn," Herald said. " it's about that boy you met."

" What is it?" Ashlynn raised an eyebrow. That could not be good.

____________________

" Come on Lightning! Come on! You can do it!" Hunter encouraged as Lightning galloped faster.

They were only a few seconds closer to the palace. The urge to reach the destination got vigorous. The sounds of the church bells had gotten softer which meant that the wedding was going to begin anytime soon.

They finally reached the palace as Hunter hopped off of Lightning but still held her by the reins as he sneakily and successfully tied the reins to a nearby tree hidden by the shadows.

" Be good, " Hunter whispered as he petted her mane. " if you're being captured just neigh for help okay?"

Lightning shook her head as she gave a soft neigh. The horse nudged her face as Hunter reached for an apple from the treetops above them that waved its branches back and forth.

" I'll see you in just a moment." Hunter whispered. Then he ran towards a stone wall peaking if the guards were asleep...or awake.

___________________

" I invited him to the wedding." he whispered.

" You did?" Ashlynn questioned. Now her hope arose, her feelings were right. " But why?"

" I'm going to help you and him Ashlynn." he said. " That prince cannot become king."

" What about my father?" Ashlynn whispered. " You're not going to hurt him aren't you?"

" Of course not." Herald shook his head. " Rubbish, do I look like a Huntsman?"

" Not at all!" Ashlynn laughed softly.

" When I gave the invitation he said he couldn't make it at first." Herald confessed. " He said something that he was going to die at the end of the day so he could preform his punishment. But I'm positive it won't happen. He's the only huntsman alive."

    " I heard." Ashlynn bit her lower lip. Then she lowered her head. 

    " Sometimes the worst way is the only way dear." Herald said. " But I hope that maybe that may lead to something....something good."

Hey everybody! HubbyBubby14 here! I hope that you liked this chapter! See you in the next chapter! See ya!
-HubbyBubby14