The Forest Sunset

The sun was about to enter it's resting period as Ashlynn and Hunter stopped for the nightly rest. They surprisingly went farther than Hunter expected. Only a few more days and maybe they would reach their destination.

    Under the treetops of the oak tree that they were staying near, Hunter could see Ashlynn sitting on one of a thick branch that held out before the sun with great distance. She was looking down at an amulet that she was wearing around her neck. She sat still. Hunter sensed something was wrong, but he felt too guilty to talk to her.

He wished that Ashlynn was never captured in the first place. Of course, anyone would. But if she hadn't been captured, then he wouldn't have to threaten her to go back home locked inside that castle just like she had said.

Sometimes he just wished that he was never a huntsman. Instead he would be a regular person living his normal life in a lord's estate or in a small town with friendly people at each corner if he had the wish. But he knew he couldn't complain because that's what life had gave him.

He looked up to see her continue to look at the gem necklace. The silence bothered him for some reason. The molestation ticked him more now than the guilt. So he started to climb the tree.

As he pulled himself up holding onto the branch, he lapped himself foot-first on the rigged object. When he got himself fully up there he flipped himself so he wasn't on his chest no longer. Ashlynn didn't look at him, so he stared off into the sunset and wrapped his arms around his right leg. He left the other one dangle in mid air between the air and the solid earthy ground.

" The sunset's really nice...isn't it?" he asked but expected no answer.

" It is..." a mumble came from Ashlynn's mouth.

" What are you looking at?" he asked again. He wanted to start a conversation. Get to know Ashlynn a little more since she was going to be the few people she was going to see.

" A necklace." Ashlynn answered.

" Who gave you that? Your father?" he looked at the amulet Ashlynn showed.

" No...my mother." Ashlynn snapped. She didn't want to remind herself of her father. It wasn't like she hated him since he was her father, it was that he just loved her for business and she was upset about that.  " She gave it to me before she died."

   " I'm sorry." Hunter looked down for a while. " I know how you feel."

   Ashlynn released the amulet from her hand and looked into the sunset along with Hunter. They both stayed quiet until Ashlynn spoke up.

   " Hunter?" she asked. Hunter turned to face her. " Do you know how it's like...to be...amazed at something so...normal?"

   " What do you mean?" Hunter asked.

   " Look at it for yourself." Ashlynn pointed to the sun. " The sun is there everyday and it still amazes me how it can change the colors of the sky."

    " Yeah, it's pretty unique." Hunter breathed in the fresh air that blowed gently. He looked at Ashlynn as her green eyes glimmered with a spark of shine twinkling upon the corner of those emeralds.

    The two looked in each other's eyes and felt their hearts dance and thump harder than ever before. They both felt a force close in on them. By closing their eyes they leaned their foreheads against each other. Their lips relaxed as they touched.

    They kissed....

    Ashlynn broke off, she stared into Hunter's eyes. They were warm and welcoming of the color brown. She never felt this way before, it felt amazing and indescribable.

" What was that?" Ashlynn breathed.

" A kiss..." Hunter smiled lightly.

Hey everybody! I hope that you liked this chapter! See you soon at the next chapter! See ya!
-HubbyBubby14