Feelings From The Heart

Afternoon came to play once again, and the sun shined hotter than better. The two were off on the path again heading towards the castle. Hunter made it clear that Ashlynn was much safer locked up in a castle than out there in the cruel world he had described. But Ashlynn developed something that she couldn't describe. Hunter had also developed the feeling. Ashlynn had no clue what it was. But Hunter did.

   Actually, ever since he had met her he had felt this feeling. It was love. He loved her. But he thought it was quite quick to fall in love with someone he had just met a few weeks ago. Too quick. And plus, he couldn't love her. She was a princess and he was just a huntsman. They can't fall in love. In fact they couldn't even talk to each other. It was too risky.

   And one thing stuck his mind: Huntsmen don't love....

   It pained Hunter like a knife stabbing his back. Whenever he heard this he felt like breaking down and locking himself up to just cry. But he held himself. He held himself through the hellfire of family.

   No one could love a Huntsman.

   It took long enough but Ashlynn figured she knew how she felt. She had feelings of love for Hunter. It was painful to not confess. But she planned to do so...soon.

Ashlynn looked around to have her last glances of the beautiful nature around her. She looked to her side to see Hunter walking as she sat against a rigidity barked tree.

" Where are you going?" she called out.

" I'm just trying to remember how to get back to the kingdom." Hunter replied. " I don't think we took the shortcut."

" So we're...lost?" Ashlynn said with a tone of happiness in her voice. She stood up.

" I wouldn't say we're lost..." Hunter blushed. This was embarrassing, wait, was it?

" You know....I don't know why we're going to the palace." Ashlynn spoke. "Instead, we should run away to a far away place. Far away from here!"

" Why do you say that?" Hunter said. " You live perfectly in a grand palace with nothing to worry about and you want to run away and face life or death situations?"

" No Hunter, I've always dreamed of exploring the world around us. The world around us is just so fascinating." she spun around, but she became dizzy and plopped into Hunter's arms.

" And deadly." Hunter said as he stood Ashlynn up.

" Oh Hunter, you just had a rough past that's why you say that." Ashlynn said. " Once someone whisks you off on an adventure to a whole other place then you'll soon understand."

" If that ever happens." Hunter grinned.

" Well, some dreams come true if you dare to make it come true." Ashlynn smiled.

" The beast doesn't dare to dream." Hunter replied, pointing to himself.

" But I don't think you're a beast." Ashlynn said staring off into his eyes.
" I think you're a fine young man. In fact, you're the only man I've ever truly met and...love."

   Hunter widened his eyes at what he had just heard. He took a step back.

    No one could love a Huntsman.

    He just stared as his heart thumped like he was about to give away life. His palms had gotten sweaty. Tiny drops trickled down his forehead.

    No one could love a Huntsman.

    " You...love me?" Hunter asked blankly. He was definitely dreaming. He started to pinch his wrist.

   " I do." Ashlynn replied. She took Hunter's left arm, the one who pinched the other one, and held onto it.

   " But how...? I'm a Huntsman, not a dashing prince."

    " But that doesn't matter."

" Ashlynn....I love you too." Hunter whispered as he took both of her hands. " It pains me to say this and it really does. But you deserve someone better than me."

He reached in inside his shirt and pulled out a small necklace. It was a leather necklace with two metal feathers and a turquoise gem.

    " It'll remind you of this adventure that we had together

" It'll remind you of this adventure that we had together." Hunter gave the jewelry to her. " Through this forest."

" Thank you...." Ashlynn whispered.
" Thank you my friend."

Hey everybody! I hope that you liked this chapter! The next chapter will come soon! See ya!
-HubbyBubby14