Practice

Enjoy the song :)

Next morning, I woke up at 7.
I turned to my left and found that Melly was still sleeping.

"Wake up sleepy head." I said and shook her gently.

"Yeah! Just five more hours." She muttered.

"What?"

She didn't reply.

"Wake up Melly, we are already late. It is 8 o clock." I lied.

"What? 8. Shit!" she said and sat.

Then she glanced at the wall clock and said
"Why in the name of goodness are you snatching a youngster's dream? Why?" she said and fell on the bed.

I pushed her to the edge and made her fall on the ground.
"Stop fussing and wake up"

She sat and said "Easy girl, I got it."
Then she got up and stretched.

I walked to the bathroom and said "If I return and find you sleeping, then you know what..."

"Alright...Alright" she said and made a face.

Both of us got ready.

My parents arrived at 8. We had a short chat before leaving for college.

We only had to attend the classes before lunch as after that we had our dance practice.
Oh! I was so excited.

As soon as the lunch time got over, Melly and I rushed to our class, packed up and then ran downstairs.
There was a big hall, which had walls made of glass and mirrors.
Adjacent to it was the changing room.

I had already received my new jersey.

On our way down, I asked "Who will be teaching us? Is there a choreographer?"

"Nope" she answered.

"Then?"

"You" she turned back and smiled.

"No way, how can I do that?" I exclaimed.
No doubt, I was good at dancing but not so at training people.
In fact I was a type of person who was never able to stick with a choreography, I used to forget steps and hence didn't prefer performing in groups.

"Because you are our head and I know that it will be a piece of cake for you." she said.

"Not that easy" I said and we reached the changing room.

Miss William was standing there, I went to her.

"Miss William, Melly says that I will be training the crew." I said.

"Yes. Why, is there a problem?" she asked.

"No, I haven't trained before." I said.

"Well, there is nothing to do. Just prepare 5 to 6 steps and repeat them. It is easy." she said and walked away.

I changed and went to the practice room.

Melly was going to help me with the choreography. We did our practice for that day and were able to teach only one step in two hours.
Some of the girls were cocky, others were fans of Shasha and some those who would listen to me were not excellent dancers.

I realized what a difficult task it is to teach.

There were almost ten girls. Excluding Melly and me but I didn't think that all of them were going to perform on the finale.
I needed only six to be on the team and two substitutes which meant I had to kick out 4 of them.
And I wasn't the type of person who could say on someone's face that you are not capable to be on the team.

After those two hours, I was exhausted as well as hungry.

Melly and I went to the mess.

Since it wasn't the regular lunch time, the mess was empty.
Half an hour before we could go home.

"How did Shasha managed to teach them?" I asked.

"Well she threatened or made fake promises and gave orders. And I don't think that you will ever do that." she said.

"Of course not. But what did she threatened them with?" I asked.

"She said that if they don't listen to her, she would expose their secrets. Blah...blah. She used to overact." Said Melly.

"Are these girls actual dancers?" I asked.

"Common Becky, you have seen them dance, haven't you?"

"Yes but what I saw a few minutes ago wasn't what I had seen earlier." I said.

"I think they acted like stiffs because it was your first day with them. Once they get to know you, they will be back on track." she said.

"Let's hope so. Well, I thought that it was a whole lot of crazy and a whole lot of beautiful." I said.

After going home, I did my homework and then prepared for the next day's practice.

Melly was right. The girls started dancing better from the next day and it became easy to teach.

I became good friends with them and they liked me too.

We used to practice every day for three hours and two days before the competition, when we were ready, we showed it to Miss William.

She liked it and said "Oh! I can't wait to show you girls at the match."

Everyone was happy except me.

The problem was...

Derek was going to be there and I was not in a mood to face him again.
I didn't even want to think of him.

I decided to ignore him and concentrate on my work.
But then it was an undeniable fact that his icy stare always froze me.

So I made up my mind to go with the flow.