Happy Ending

"Help..." I shouted again but Derek covered my mouth.

"Becky. Are you in there?" I could hear Mike asking but the only problem was that I couldn't answer.

He banged the door for some time and the broke it open.

On seeing this Derek left me.

I ran to Mike but instead he went straight to Derek and gave him a jaw breaker punch.

The left side of his lips started bleeding.

I could see that a group of people were already halfway into the room.

I stood besides Mike and held my gown in place, though the sleeve was still off shoulder.

I noticed that Mike was an inch taller than Derek.

Time froze and then I couldn't hold on for any longer.

I went to Derek and slapped him on the left cheek and said "For all you did to me."

Derek stared in horror. He had no answers. People whispered and watched the show. The show that I wanted them to see.

Derek stormed out of the house.

And I pulled my sleeve and rushed into the washroom.

I set up my make up once again and looked normal.
I could hear Melly and Mike taking people back to the party.

Then Mike came into the washroom.
On seeing him, I gave a cunning smile.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Was never better" I said and kissed him.

A few minutes later, he took me back to the party.

Some people were worried and asked me if I was fine, some were gossiping, some didn't care. But on top of everything what was more important, that I won.

The party got back to normal and by 11:45, everyone was gone. Only the four of us were left.
The house was a mess.

"Berta isn't going to like this" I said and picked up a few glasses from the floor.

"Stop! come with me." said Micheal and took my hand.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he took me out of the house and into the garden.

Melly and Rowan also followed us.

When we reached the center of the big garden, Mike stopped and turned.

I looked around and saw no one. Why did he bring me here?

When I turned back, I saw that Mike was sitting on his knee with a ring in his hands.

My eyes filled with tears.

"I love you" he said.

"I love you too" I said and gave him my hand.

He slipped the ring on it and got up.

We kissed again and only then there were claps and people came out of nowhere and surrounded us.

I looked around and the same dark place looked more cheery and noisy again.

I smiled and looked back at Mike only then I heard a loud noise.

When I looked up, I saw a firework in the sky and then they continued.
I was so happy that there aren't words to describe how I felt.

I looked back at Mike and reached for his lips again.

Narrator's POV

Just like Becky and Micheal, every person standing in that garden held hands with his lover and enjoyed the fireworks.

Their love wasn't diamond or gold.
Their love knew no lies.
Their love was TRUE.

As the fireworks erupt in the sky, Derek watches from afar.

This is the end of the story. I hope you enjoyed it.
Must read the epilouge.

Vote if you liked the novel.