Derek POV. (Must read)

So here are a few instances from Derek's POV and one must read it before the sequel as it tells us more about his character.

The first time I met Becky Walden.

So, today I went to Cooper's party. It was real fun, we did all the illegal stuff.
Rowan introduced me to  a girl. Her name was Becky Walden.
He said that she was going to be our team's new head cheerleader and at first I thought that it was a joke. And that she was saying so to have a drink with me.

Girls usually lie to have a conversation with me. So I thought that it was the same this time.

But then she shouted at me and ran away.

It was the time I got to know that she wasn't lying. And I was very angry, not on her but on myself, a cute little junior came to me and I freaking scared her off. What kind of a guy am I?

The day when everything settled.

Today was our first match of the league.
We were up early and already practice in the field.

I was all wet in my own sweat and panting for breath when my eyes laid upon the very girl to whom I owned an apology. I saw her at staring me, and there was no doubt that she had a crush on me. But then there are thousands of them.

I wanted to leave the field and talk to her right then and there but I knew that I had to wait for the right time.
I smiled but she looked away. She was angry at me and had all right to be so.

I decided to settle things after the match

We won and then I went and sat besides her.
I wanted to say sorry but then I didn't know how to. I mean it is quite in the rarest case that I have to apologize. 

I talked normally but then she got up to leave and I grabbed her wrist.

I apologized and she smiled which looked like a forgiveness. The time I noticed that she had a pretty heart. She had a bit of ego but that was all fine.
I saw that she was also a bit surprised on seeing me say sorry but then it was a true fact that I was a bit attracted to her. She has definitely done some kind of a magic on me.

After the first kiss

The next day I called her and invited to Shailene's party. 
I was out of my own control now. I couldn't just wait to make her mine.
But I knew I had to keep things slow.

She happily agreed and I went to pick her.

She was wearing short clothes and looked sexy but uncomfortable.

I drove and we reached the location.
After going in, we stayed there for a while and then she asked me to leave. She didn't like the surroundings and was feeling sick.
I agreed and decided to take her for a bike ride.

I usually don't go bike riding with girls as once I broke an arm but I wanted to show her a few things called as FUN.

She looked quite entangled in her own world and I wanted her to open up and live a little.

She was scared but later, blended in.

I took her to a park when she was shivering with fear.

We broke in and laid on the wet grass and gazed at the sky.

When her feet brushed past mine, I looked up at her and so did she.

I couldn't controlled anymore and kissed her. Not even thinking of the circumstances.
Luckily she kissed back and at such a fast pace like her life depended on it. 
I was so happy to be someone's first kiss and if situation permits, also her first love.

I said that I wasn't the type of guy to kiss on the first date and I wasn't one. 

Though I was a quite a heart breaker. Like I date three times, kiss on the forth, make love on the fifth and then break up after that.
But this time someone had already stolen my heart and I wish to keep her with me forever.

Official date 1

The next day I asked her out for a movie. We decided to take things slow.
We met and this time also she looked pretty.

We went for La la land and most of the time, looked at each other, talked and had fun.
We came out only to find that the car has been towed.

I asked if she would like to walk to the towing station and she agreed.

I wanted to spend time with her and hence didn't take a taxi. And I also knew that the station was far away.

We walked into an alley and she didn't look comfortable with it.
And that was quite obvious. Any girl would take precautions when a guy walks her into a dark, eerie alley.
But it was a shortcut.

We walked till the time she was tired and I asked to pick her up.

She blushed and made excuses but I lifted her.
I looked at her and walked while she stared at me with those big hazel eyes. 
A time came when she almost kicked her legs in the air and asked me to put her down.
I did so. 

Then we ran into a small gang and fought our way out. 
I asked her to run away while I fought for her locket and my wallet. When I had those, I made a run for my life and luckily met her soon enough.
We reached the road and I handed her the locket. 
She was so happy and kissed me. That made me happy.

I realized how it felt to be in true love.

The time I proposed her

Then I took her for a dinner date.

I had planned everything and also purchased a ring. 
That day, I had decided to make her mine, no matter what.

When we returned, I made her to sit on my lap and then proposed her.
She was so happy and almost cried.
We hugged, we kissed and then she said something which kind of hurt me, a bit.

She asked me not to see her till the exams, which was a long time but I agreed.

I don't want to be THE DOMINANT in our relationship. Which I usually was in any relationship.
She also promised to do anything that I would say.

This was a chance to make my big move.

After that we saw less of each other till the exams, as I had my exams too.