Mission Abort

When you walk a lonely road and that is the only one you have ever known.
Presently that is Becky's situation.  :(

 As I sat on the bed, a tear rolled down my cheek again.
 A voice deep inside my head kept telling me:
"You always used to curse your mother, Becky. Now see what kind of mother you are?"

"That's it" I said and got up.

This was my choice. I wasn't yet ready to have a baby.
Not being a mother is always better than not being a good mother.

Derek was right, when you aren't prepared to take the responsibility, there is no use of carrying a burden.

And what if someday he left me standing alone with the child?
Like what happened to his father.

Even the thought makes me quiver.

I am having an abortion and that's it. 
And not having this baby doesn't mean that I would never become a mother again. 
There is a right time for everything.
I tried to calm myself.

I washed my face, went out and told my mother that I wasn't feeling well. 
I was having high fever.

After having a paracetamol, I went to bed.

The next day, I woke up at 8.

New day, new life.

I acted normal and kept my mood happy.

At 9:30, when both of my parents left for work, I started my mission.

I searched google to find a doctor.

Shit! I forgot that my dad worked in pharmaceuticals, which means that he would be knowing many doctors, personally.

After lots of hard work, I was able to find a gynecologist on the outskirts.

I got ready but then realized that I needed money.

I went  to my parents room and managed to get thousand dollars from the family safe.
Oh God! I was stealing now.

I already had 500 and this 1000 would make it 1500.
That would be enough. I thought.

I got into a cab which took me straight to the clinic.

I met the doctor and he did some tests.

After an hour, I waited for the reports and then went to see the doctor again.

"Becky, right?" he conformed my name.

"Yes sir" I said.

"Your foetus is 15 days old. And is healthy of course. What is your age?" he asked.

"Eighteen"

"Too early to be a mother. Do you know what unplanned pregnancy could lead to?" he asked.

"No. But I have opted for an abortion." I said.

"Good choice, I must say. But you should have been careful at the first step itself." he was scolding me now.

I wondered if this unknown doctor was scolding me, then if my mother got to know, she would have thrown me out of the house.

I didn't reply.

"So Becky, I would like you to come back tomorrow with your guardian. Then only we can talk about the operation." he said after closing the report file.

"Why? I mean I am here, couldn't you just do it?" I asked getting furious.

"No, you will have to come with any of your guardian or this child's father. We need an evidence that you will have someone to take care of you for post abortion consequences. An abortion is as painful as giving birth."

Then there was silence.

"If you are thinking to go to an another doctor, I must say that it'll be a waste of time and money because this thing is mandatory everywhere in the urban world."

"Thank you doctor" I said and left after paying his fees.

I took a cab back home.

I was devastated.

I will have to talk to Derek.

I went home and had lunch before my mom came.

Then I went to bed. 

My phone was switched off and I wasn't taking any calls. Not even Melly's.

I texted Derek to meet me again at the central park. Same time.

Sharp at 7, I was standing under the same tree, waiting for Derek.

Derek arrived after 10 minutes. He was wearing his soccer jersey and was drenched in sweat.

"Hey" he said and smiled.

I didn't smile back and said "I have made an appointment for tomorrow morning."

"Tomorrow? But I have to go to college for my soccer practice. This is a very crucial time for us. We have our finals and you know about that, right?" he said.

"Your match is more important than me?" I shouted.
It attracted a lot of attention.

I looked around and tried to calm down.

"Becky, I want you to understand me. I love you." he said.

Then he took out a bundle of dollar bills from his pocket and said
"You wan't money, right?" 

I looked up at him with big red eyes.

"When did I ask for your money?" I said "You make me feel pathetic. You are disgusting. Don't ever talk to me again" I pulled the ring and threw it on him.

Then I ran towards the exit.

My eyes were wet.

Derek followed me. I could hear him calling me but I didn't  stop.

I rushed out when he grabbed my hand from behind.

"Becky stop, listen to me." he said.

"Let go off me." I shouted but his grip was too tight.

So I gave up and turned around.

"What is it that you want? We broke up, you are free now. Go find your self another girl, you have nothing to worry about. No baby, nothing." I shouted again.

"I am sorry." he said and tried to pull me closer. But I resisted. I wasn't falling for him again.

"Becky, I love you. I want to be with you. But you should try to understand. Okay, if you want, I'll come with you." he said looking at me in the eye.

"I don't want your favor. I don't want you." I shouted.

"I understand, you need time to get over this. Let me drive you home."  he said.

Then we got into his car and he drove home.

No one said anything while the drive.

But when we reached my place, he tried to give me back the ring and kiss me.

But I pushed him away and ran in.

If you liked the chapter, do vote.