Finally free

I get this mad, the day my exams get over.
Do you?

The next day when Micheal came to my place, we sat to study in the living room itself.

Right in front of my mom's eyes. I also asked Mike to come at 1 o clock i.e. after my mom returned home.

She did all her staring and face reading and once she was satisfied that we were only studying and nothing else, she didn't disturb us.

This went till the exams started.

We used to study the entire day and go for a walk in the evening.

That was the only time when we talked about anything other than studies. 

I didn't talk to Derek much. Once or twice he called me and that was it. 

Since he also had his exams, he didn't disturb me enough.

I also talked to Mike about Derek, but he only warned me to stay safe. So I didn't discuss any further.

For the time being, I was focused. 

Though I perform well at the exams but they always piss me off.
I study like throughout the night and then in the morning, there are blackheads under my eyes.
I don't even get time to wash my hair.

All I like about it is the timely coffee that I get from mom.
She does everything to keep me healthy and hydrated during the exams, so I like her service.

Also I cut all my contacts, even from Melly.

Because if you are the one who studies at the last minute and you want good grades, then you ought to work your ass off.

I did all of it. But never could I ever get a perfect score in any of the exams.
That is the policy of the teacher.

She is like: "Who is this kid trying to challenge me with full marks? Let me cut 2 marks for the handwriting" 
And I am like "What the F, you idiot. Do even know how hard I worked?"

And once the exams got over, I felt finally free.
The last day of exams and everybody goes mad.
Crazy or wild could be the perfect description.

In addition, there is always a senior most batch who give there last exam and to talk about them and their pranks would take an entire book.
So do not expect me to tell.

Well! I had prepared a plan to hang out with Melly.
She deserved some of my time and attention for ignoring her for two weeks.

I also thought about Mike for a moment but I decided to talk to him later.
The first person on priority was Melly.

And what about Derek?

Well! I don't know how to talk to him.

My shy nature restricted me to make any contact with him in public.

And mainly he stayed near his class which was in the other wing. Far away from mine.
And you don't expect me to walk all the way to him and ask "Hey Derek! How did you do in the exams?"
Hell nah! that is a cheesy line.

So I just zipped up and decided to stick with Melly.