12

"I have to go back and talk to her." Said Dan, when he clutched his stomach and nearly topppled over. Immediately Phil caught him, he wrapped his arm around Dan's waist and placed his arm over his shoulder so as to keep Dan balanced. He looked back at the ice palace, yes it was tre they needed to bring Elsa back and he wished that they could...but right now, something was wrong with Dan.

"I know, but you can't help her if you're not well." Said Phil softly, Dan shook his head and tried to muster enough strength to break away from Phil.

"Phil..she needs me,,she-"

"Dan, " Said Phil, he stopped when Dan looked up at him, and saw that the irises were changing from their warm brown, to an icy blue much like his own...no..this blue, was like how Elsa's had been when she conjured up the snowman. He immediately knew, that whatever was hurting Dan wasn't normal..it had to be supernatural, he faintly recalled his grandmother helping someone...just faintly, but she was in England at the moment. He started walking, hoping to find a telephone card of some kind, that would allow long distance calls once they got into town.

"Dan, I care about Elsa just as much as you do...I know she's hurting just as much as you are, but something is really, really wrong. Please, lets get help and try again...ok?" Said Phil, Dan nodded and shivered as he went with Phil. He coughed, feeling like everything was getting so cold. Olaf barked and whined as he looked up at Dan, Dan picked him up and held Olaf, who immediately cuddled up to Dan as if trying to keep him warm. Phil smiled, as they made their way into town and went into a small diner.

Dan leaned against the window, sitting in one of the couches, no matter how warm it was in the small diner he still felt so cold. He looked up, and smiled softly at Phil, who gently brushed some of his hair back.

"It's going to be ok, ok Dan? I just have to make a quick call and then I'll be right back ok?" Said Phil, Dan nodded when Phil left to go get a card. He sighed, and looked at the television, telling of how the storm was only growing worse and worse. He bit his lip, and turned back tp Phil, and deep down inside, he felt those butterflies again...Phil was his best friend in the whole world, who'd helped him in more ways than one, who was his first crush...no...his first love..

But what about Charles? said a voice in his head, and suddenly Dan was torn in two.

"Hello grandma? I know this is going to sound crazy but...my friend Dan, his sister has ice powers, and she caused the storm thats going on in California right now...we tried to talk to her but, she did something and now...now Dan's freezing up so badly." Said Phil, looking to Dan worriedly, there was hardly any brown hair on his head left and he looked so much paler than usual.

"Ah yes, I know Phil...a frozen heart however, is very hard to cure...what your friend needs is an act of true love, for only an act of true love can thaw a frozen heart." Said his grandmother. Phil nodded, now knowing what he needed to do, he thanked her and hung up before going over to Dan and sitting across from him. Immediately Dan looked up at him hoping for an answer.

" She says that you have a frozen heart and...you need an act of true love. Which means I have to take you back to Charles." Said Phil, as he looked down at his hand. Dan immediately placed his hands over Phil's and looked up at him. He could tell that there was something that was bothering Phil, and he seemed just as conflicted as he was. About what however, he didn't know.

"Phil, you're my best friend in the whole world, you know that right?" Said Dan softly, Phil nodded and looked up at Dan who smiled at him. " Charles may be my boyfriend, but...you'll always come first before him, you and I...we're a team, we always have been and we're not going to stop just because of someone else."

Phil smiled back at him. While he was jealous of Charles and didn't like him, he knew that Dan was being sincere and honest at the moment. He felt his heart swell, still, he was going to put Dan's happiness and safety before his own..and that meant taking him back to Charles. He placed his other hand over Dan's.

"You're my best friend too, and I'd do anything to make you happy." Said Phil, "There's no other friend better than you, you're the best and...amazing...I'm glad I found you."

Dan's smile grew, as Phil helped him up. They had to find Sven, and head back to find Charles.

After getting to the island, he made his way towards the mountains and smirked at having found Dan and Phil's footsteps. He followed them, and saw the huge gleaming ice palace and he knew he'd found her...he made his way over to castle, up the steps and inside. Immediately he dodged a barrage of ice, as Elsa stood there looking at him, her irises were blue.

" You again...you started this trouble." Said Elsa, recalling how it had been him who started the argument with Dan. Charles chuckled, as he looked up at Elsa who stood her ground.

" Elsa, listen...I came to take you back, for Dan's sake...I care about him, possibly more so than you do considering the way you treated him." Said Charles, and immediately Elsa's irises stopped glowing, and she looked down at her hands..he smirked, knowing he had her right where he wanted her.

"I do care about him..."Said Elsa, Charles went over to her, and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You have a funny way of showing it, maybe you don't love him as much as you say you do, after all he left to come back for you and you didn't even try did you? No...a monster like you deserves to be hidden away, where you can never hurt anyone again." He replied, she cried out as he knocked her out. She groaned, and toppled over onto the cold icy floor. He smirked, and looked down at her before picking her up.