Chapter 5

Jill's POV

"I'm open!" I yelled at out point guard as she tried to make a play. She passed me the ball but my opponent was quick to follow but I'm quicker. Instead of going forward, I took about two steps backward and made a successful three pointer.

"Great play!" Our coach yelled. "Okay guys! Cool down then go home and rest. We got practice match this thursday. "

"Nice play Jill! Your three pointer was almost hundred percent!" Alex our captain praised me. I really don't like being on the spotlight but I can't help it. I'm really good at any sports.

You must be wondering why I'm not the captain of the basketball team... well it's simple... I can't handle being captain of too many clubs. Aside from basketball... I also play field hockey, soccer and baseball. Good thing practice has never been a problem. The coaches learned to 'share' me. As for me... I just really loved sports that I can't choose which one to focus. Good thing... we haven't got a game that conflicted the schedules so far. But I knew the team can do great without me.

"Took you so long!" Mia said as she changed back from her cheer leading uniform. Her practice has also ended.

"I took few more shots... I missed a couple of three pointer... I needed to perfect my shooting." I responded. After the captain left, I took a couple of shots... I was kind of perfectionist.

"You're being too hard on yourself again! Anyway... Nica's already outside. Hurry up and meet us at the parking." Mia said and left the locker room. I then took a quick shower, changed and proceed to the parking lot.

I usually ride home with my brother but today, he had tutoring session. He was mentoring a freshman. He told me that it was his way to practice the art of teaching. Yes... my brother wanted to be a professor. As for me... I don't have any idea what I wanted to do in my life... yet.

Mia and Nica were already in the car when I reached the parking lot. They were using their phones. Mia's probably flirting with one of the jocks or cheerleaders and Nica's probably playing an online game.

"Sorry for the wait." I said as I parked my butt in the backseat.

"Nah... No biggie... Wait a minute... I can't drive while attacking..." Nica said. Mia and Nica were neighbors. Their houses was just separated by a fence. I lived few blocks from their houses. There's also park in between our houses and it was there where we I first met them.

"Whatcha playing now?" I asked. I sometimes play online games too as long as it doesn't took all my time.

"Clash of Clan" Nica dead panned.

"Cool!" I then proceed to check my phone for any messages and it just hit me... I never got Sam's phone number... But why am I interested in her phone number... I groaned which was not left unnoticed by the girls.

"What's wrong Jill?" Mia asked.

"Nothing... " I tried to deny it even if i knew it was futile. They knew me so well. Mia and Nica just raised their brows.

"Okay... Fine... I forgot to ask for Sam's number." They too were shocked on my admission. I'm Jill Jerkins... people asked for my number... not the other way around.

"You like her!" It was Mia who first recovered from her shock. And honestly I don't know how to answer her. "Admit it! You were smitten by her."

"She's a girl!" Was the only answer that my big brain can comprehend.

"So what?" Nica said.

"I'm straight!" I answered back.

"You don't know that!" It was Mia again. I felt like a murder suspect being interrogated or worse.

Mia was bisexual. She dated both girls and boys. But most of her relationships were flings. She dated jocks and co-cheerleaders.

Nica on the other hand was a lesbian that was addicted to online games. It was also why she was on swim team. She said that she loved seeing girls in swimsuit... but I knew better... she doesn't want to admit it but she really loved swimming.

I on the other hand was 'uncategorized'. Both of them had set me up on dates with both genders. And every date had been catastrophic. Hell even my own brother set me up on a dates. Even Peter's been asking me out on a date but for some kind of reason... I always decline him.

This was the first time that I felt myself being connected with other people... and we just met.

"Just drop it for now girls... let me sort this out first." They knew when to push and when to stop. That made them the best.

"Okay!" They said in unison as Nica started the car. We were headed towards Mia's house to catch up on her fabulous summer vacation.

But as we were about to passed the parked were we met, I saw a familiar figure and instantly my blood boiled in rage.

"Stop the car!" I yelled and Nica slammed on the breaks. Before they can utter a word, I hurriedly ran out of the car.