Chapter 17

Jill's POV

Saturday morning came in a blink of an eye. I was able to get plenty of rest and my injuries were healing properly. It's such a perk to have your own doctor at home but I believe there's one more person behind my recovery... Sam.

My best friends Mia and Nica went to visit me. They were accompanied by my new friend, Sam. Even Peter and some of my club mates also visited me. Some of them were genuinely concern about my health but some of them just wanted to make sure if I'll be healed enough to play during the tournament.

"Jack! Come on! What's keeping you?" I yelled at my twin from our porch. I was already waiting outside for Pete to pick us up. My mother only agreed to let us out if Jack will be our chaperone. Most of the time, Jack preferred to stay and read so I wonder why he was so eager when he learned about his 'mission'. Maybe because of what happened, he was being over protective brother. A minute more and Pete parked in front of our house. I jogged towards him. He didn't bother to turn of the engine. "Hey! Good morning Pete!"

"Hello princess!" He greeted and I frowned. He knew I hated being called that. "Where's Jack?"

"He's still there! I don't know what's keeping him. He was already good to go when I woke up." I paused. "Let me check." I tapped the side of his mini van then turned around to walk back the house but then we both saw Jack exit.

"What took you so long? And why did you change your outfit? And... Is that gel on your hair?" Jack's appearance was a complete surprise for me. He was a natural good looking hunk but he never ever cared for his appearance. He believed that a girl should like him the way he is. Jack never dress up for his ex-girlfriends. He also hated brushing his hair... what more taking time to fix it but now, Jack was a completely different person. "Who are you and what did you do to my twin?" I joked.

"Woah! Easy tiger! One at a time." He said while getting on the front seat of the van while I got on the middle seat. "Just trying new look sis." He said but I knew there was a deeper reason.

"Who's the very lucky girl?" I made sure to emphasize the word 'very' because any girl who got my twin's attention was already lucky... what more if she was able to get him to dress up.

"What would you think there's a girl? Can't I just dress up?" Wow! Defensive much. We both shared secrets a lot but sometimes we do keep some for ourselves... like me... I haven't told him about my feelings for Sam.

"Whatever!" I just decided to drop it. One common trait that we shared was being stubborn. "Let's go Pete, Sam's house was just fee blocks away."

"I know Jill... Mrs. Rogers right?" He then started to drive towards our destination and in a minute we can already see Sam in front of their house.

Pete stopped the car but kept the engine on. I was about to get out of the van but Jack beat me to it. Okay... that's strange... I shook my head but I already had a bad feeling about this. He left the door opened so I took a peak and observed him. "Good morning Sam." He greeted her and Sam responded with a shy smile. They both walked towards the van and he opened the door for her. When I finally saw his face, I can't believe that he was red as a tomato. My goodness! My... he do liked her.

"Hey!" Peter and I both greeted her and she only responded with a nod. But when she turned into me, her smile was different than the smile she gave Jack but I can't put my finger on it. I moved towards the other side and she sat besides me. Jack closed the door and we went to get Nica and Mia.

Oh boy! This is going to be a very long day!