Chapter 23

Jill' POV

I silently cursed when I saw the queue to the pizza stall. It was long and that means more time for us to be alone. I would offer to buy the drinks first but Pete already beat me to it. There was no other choice. We need to settle this because I don't want to fight with Jack.

When I reached Jack, he flung his arms around my shoulder like always. I was a little shorter than him so he was able to rest his elbow on my shoulder while his arm caressed my hair. "So what are we getting?" He asked.

"I guess the usual for us but I forgot to ask Sam." I responded.

"Hmmm..." He hummed while scratching his chin. "I think she's not a picky eater." He said. My mind was going crazy at the moment. I knew he pulled me to talk so why hasn't he started yet. Maybe I needed to make the first move.

"Jack we need to talk." I finally had the courage to start.

He then looked me in the eyes and his next words surprised me. "You have my blessings."

"What?" Was my monosyllabic response.

"Remember the time when dad bought everything we wanted but he never bought the same item twice. We always liked the same thing so we need to share." I nodded in understanding. "Dad didn't just taught us to share. He also taught us to give way. And this is me backing off."

"What do you mean?"

"Jill! We're twins. I knew you like her coz I like her too." He then laugh which made the girl in front of us glare but he just winked at her and she drooled like a puppy. Oh Jack and his charm.

"Why are you giving up? I'm the one that should throw the flag here." I can't believe that we both want to give way. He just raised his brow as we walked the line. "I mean you're the guy. You have better chance with her."

"Jill... Jill... Jill... my dear twin sister..." He said in a sing song voice. "Can't you see that she's into you?"

"That's absurd! She's straight!" I received another raised brow. "Straight?" My conviction was turned into question. "I don't know."

"Trust me sis! She does!" And before we knew it, the line was gone and we were ordering our food.

Once our stomach had been filled, we decided to head for the game stall since it's not a good idea to ride a coaster in a full stomach. We wouldn't want to throw up in the middle of the loop.

The tension between Jack and I was gone. I was relieved to know that I won't need to choose between my brother and Sam. I just hoped that Jack was right about Sam.

I noticed that the girl I was so mesmerized with was staring at the big panda flush toy. It was about three feet high. I mentally celebrated when I saw that it was a shooting booth. "Come on!" I took her hand and guided her towards the booth.

Before, I used to watch couples do games like this. Guys would try to win their dates a flush toy. I watched as the gesture was both sweet and endearing. "How can I win the panda?" I asked.

"You have to shoot three out of three from that line." He explained.

"What if I miss one?"

"You'll get the smaller one and if you missed twice the you'll get the smallest toy." He explained. Looking at the line, I estimates the length to be before the three point area and after free throw line. I have an almost perfect shot however, the ring that they were using was smaller and the ball was not the official one. I will have a hard time on this since the weight will be different. But it's for Sam so what the heck!

"Here..." I gave him the payment and he placed the balls in front of me. I took a deep breath and feel the ball. I closed my eyes as a took my aim and released the ball. As I expected, I missed. The ring was too small. I can't use the board so I need a ringless shot. I releases the next ball and it almost got it. I saw the sly grin on the owner's face as I missed. However, his smudged grin was turned into a frown when I made the next shot. He gave us a key chain flush toy.

"Another one please." I told him as I held out my payment. He made that nasty grin again thinking that I only got a lucky shot. I proved him wrong. Three consecutive baskets made and he reluctantly gave me the panda.

I was planning to play a joke on her and tell her that the panda's for me but I decided otherwise. "For you." I handed her the panda and I got rewarded with a hug and a kiss on my right cheek. "Wow!" I then held the cheek that she kissed. She must have done it on an impulse as I saw her blush. "Hey... If I won you another one, will I be getting another one in here?" I asked while pointing to my other cheek.

She then smiled, kissed my left cheek and walked away towards the rest of the group, panda in hand. And I'm sure that if anyone took my picture, then I would be grinning like a lovestruck idiot.