Chapter 16

Sam's POV

Nica gave me a ride home from the hospital. She and Mia were at the front and I stayed at the back seat. I noticed some droplets of blood and instantly remembered the events that happened yesterday. It also triggered bad memories but at the same time it helped in getting my emotions back. I haven't cried in years nor feel anything for other people. I thought I became a robot.

"Earth to Sam? Earth to Sam?" I saw Mia's hand waving in front of my face. I must have lost in myself for I don't know how long.

I looked at her to indicate that she got my full attention. I muttered the word 'sorry'. No voice came out but I knew she was able to read my lips. It was one simple word anyways.

"Would you need us to help you get your Aunt's permission?" She said. I saw Nica looked at me from the rear view mirror.

I shook my head 'no'. I knew she would let me because it was one of the advices that my doctor told her. For me to have some friends. But, still because of the incident, she might not allow me.

"Ok." Just let us know.

I nodded and Nica turned into a corner and stopped the car. It was my house. They knew my Aunt so I don't need to give her directions. It was a small neighborhood after all. I muttered the word 'thanks' and left the car.

As I expected, my aunt allowed me to go to the amusement park with the girls. She was reluctant at first but when I told her that Jack's baby sitting us, she gave her consent instantly.

The next morning before going to to school, she gave me a pepper spray. It was for protection. We heard the doorbell rang. I wonder who could it be so early in the morning.

"Good morning Mrs. Rogers." It was Mia. What could she need at this hour. "We were thinking to include Sam on out way to school. Would it be alright if she rides with us every morning?" Both my aunt and I were surprised. They were really good people. I'm now not regretting coming here and going back to school.

"Oh... That will be great!" Aunt Tina said. She's also friends with Mia and Nica's parents therefore she trusted them.

"Don't worry, we will send her back too."

I stood up from the table and grabbed the remaining half of my toast. I kissed Aunt Tina goodbye and went out with Mia. Nica was on the driver's seat playing her games. She smiled when she saw us, set aside her phone and started the engine.

School was fairly good. We had an emergency assembly on the afternoon and the two agents who talked were handling our case was the guess speakers. They informed us about the dangerous men that can still be hiding in our town. They taught us basic self defense skills and more importantly, they told us not to roam alone especially at night. The school then provided pepper spray. Cool! Now I have two! Yupee! They also announced that club activities were going to be cut short and every one must go home before 6pm.

Jill was also sent home the same day. We planned to visit her at her house but Jack said that she wanted to rest and requested to be left alone. We then decided to visit the next day.

The week gone by very fast. It was already friday and we were in our way home from Jill's house. We also went yesterday and I let her borrow my notes since all of our classes were the same. I raised an eyebrow when she declined it. I only took notes for her... I never needed notes. But she then explained that she's too lazy to catch up with school and will just do it on Sunday. Well at least I will be seeing her again on Sunday!

My ribs weren't as badly injured as they may looked like. The bruised were fading and it doesn't hurt as much. Jill's injury was also healing properly.

It had already been a week since I came into this town and in those days, So many things already happened. But despite of the uneventful circumstance that occurred on my first day of school, it resulted in something good. I had friends. My emotions were slowly coming back. And last but not the least... I got to meet Jill. And one thing was for sure. I'm falling in love with her.