Chapter 26

Jill's POV

The wind caresses my face as I lay on the green meadows. It was so peaceful here. I opened my eyes to the sight of blue sky and white clouds in the form of animals. I used my imagination to put names on the shape.

The chirping of the birds and gusting of the winds served as music to my ears. Nothing beats the sound of nature.

I took a deep breath and savor the fresh air. It smelled like grass and unpolluted. "I wanna stay here forever." I whispered to myself.

"Oh no you can't young lady!" Surprised by the voice, I suddenly stood up and searched for the owner of the voice. I then saw two people behind me. There was a tall blonde man that wore a suit and a blonde woman whose face was so familiar.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I asked.

"I'm Theresa and he's Samuel but the question here young lady was... who are you?" The blonde woman told me.

Then it occurred to me... "I... I.... " Who am I? "I don't know..." Now I'm confused. How can I not know my own name? "Who am I?" I yelled at them. "Who are you? What did you do to me?"

"You need to relax and think young lady. Tell us what happened?" The man said. I was getting impatient on their riddles.

"I was just lying on the grass... sleeping..." I answered.

"Before that young lady... before that... how did you get here?"

How did I get here? I don't know... What is this place? What am I doing here and who am I.

Suddenly, a ball bounced in front of me and flashed of pictures populated my mind. And then I remembered... "That ball... I remembered that ball... " The couple in front of me then smiled at my recollection.

"I remember! That ball bounced in front of us and then a boy came after it... and then there's a car... and then... and then... " Reality then struck me. "Oh my goodness! I'm dead! I'm dead!" I dropped to my knees and burst into tears. "I can't die yet... I can't leave Sam... she was just starting to heal... I can't do this to her... I can't..." I cried and cried until the two figure approached me.

"You're not dead yet." The man said.

"Huh?"

"Let's say your just in a limbo... you can still go back... all you have to do is to have a will to come back." The woman explained.

"I wanted to go back! Please tell me how!"

"You just did Jill... You just did..." And then the two figure started to move far away and the paradise began to twirl as if it was about to crumble.

When I opened my eyes, the blue sky was replaced by white ceiling. The fresh air was replaced by the smell of bleach. And the sound of nature was replaced by my heart monitor.

"Jill!" I heard shouts from everywhere. I looked around and saw familiar faces around me. "Call mom!"

A few moment later, I was poked all over and mom was flashing lights on my eyes. She was saying these medical terms that only she and the nurses can understand.

"Vital signs are okay." At last... some english that I can understand. "It's a miracle that she woke up. Thank God that she finally woke up!" I saw tears from my mother's eyes.

Did she just said that it was a miracle that I woke up? Just how long was I out? I looked around and saw my parents, brother and friends but there's no Sam. "Where's Sam?" I managed to say. My throat were dry and it hurts when I talked.

"Would you like some ice chips dear?" My mother asked and I nodded. She gave me ice chips that soothed my dry throat. It was such a nice feeling, the best one so far.

"Where's Sam?" My words were firm this time. I don't need to struggle anymore.

"She's at next door Jill." Jack said.

"Why? What happened?" Panic arises and I almost pulled my IV when I tried to get up.

"Whoah! Easy there..." They all tried to restrain me. "She's okay... She just fainted last night due to stress and exhaustion. She never left your side."

"Just how long I have been out?"

"You were in a coma for a month now. Your brain activity was almost none existent. We almost pulled the plug. And it took a toll to Sam when she overheard that we might pull the plug." My mother said.

"She never slept and only ate when we forced her. She collapsed on the third day. She didn't eat nor sleep." Jack explained.

"Oh dear... Can I see her?"

"You still needed rest."

"Mom! I was asleep for a whole month... Please just a quick look. I just want to assure her that I'm okay. Please..." I begged.

"Okay dear... But just for a minute..." She then turned to Jack. "Get a nurse and request for a wheel chair."