Chapter 6

Sam's POV

My aunt drove silently towards her house. I knew she wanted me to share my day but she knew that it was going to be futile. She did however asked me some questions that were answerable by yes or no.

"Did you made friends?" I nodded my head.

"Have you encountered any trouble?" I shook my head 'no'.

At the car, I kept on contemplating if I should asked her to drop me out of school. I could explain to her that I'm a genius and does not need to be in school.

Apparently... After the accident, no one found out that I was not an ordinary girl. I believe this was because my parents raised me to be ordinary. My mother gave me her advance books to read after school. She was a teacher before deciding to be a simple housewife. My father said that he earns enough for us to live a comfortable life and that my mother should focus on us.

It was my mother who found out I was a genius. She gave me a test in a form of a game. I though it was just an ordinary game but it was an IQ test. My father wanted to send me to special school but my mother wanted me to enjoy life. At the end they compromised.

As we reached the house my aunt told me to relax and she'll start to make dinner. Cooking... it was something I never learned how to do. I may be genius but I can't cook.

I took a book that was given to me by Dr. Cruz. She was my psychologist at the institute where I stayed for almost two years. They said my physical and psychological examinations were all normal... of course... I knew how to cheat my way out. It wasn't a mental institution. It was a place where people that sufferer major trauma were sent in order to do therapy... physically, emotionally, socially, mentally. They managed to 'fix' me physically... but everything else... I cheated my way out for I knew that no one can possible 'fix' me.

After i completed our homework, i went down and wrote at the pad to tell my aunt that I'm going to then park to read. She gladly allowed me. It was also the doctor's recommendation for me to go out a lot and meet new people... to connect. But the real reason was that I wanted to use the swing. We had a nice swing back at our old house where my mother and I read a lot. My aunt's house was good but there's no swing and I missed it a lot.

As I read half of the book, a three guys approached me. They were towering me as I sat on the swing and they stood in front of me. And by their look... they means trouble.

"You new here babe?" One of the guy that had nose pierce asked. And as usual, I just nodded my head 'yes'.

The other guy must have not liked me not answering. "What? Do we scare you little girl?" He asked and I nodded again.

A normal person should have felt fear but not me. Somehow... I'm not scared. It's not that I'm fearless... It's just that I don't really feel anything. My lack of emotion or responses seemed to irritate them more.

One of them took my book while the other held me by my hand. I tried to resist but they were too strong. I'm not physically strong, before nor after the accident. My only physical activities were Gym class. And after the accident, I was not able to become physically strong. I don't work out and I don't eat well.

"You know... Bad girls needed to be punished!" The one with a mohawk hair cut said. His breath stinks and he blew a kiss for me.

I tried to fight as they pulled me away. I looked around me and saw that the place was deserted. The children that were previously playing were gone and so were some couples and elderly by the benches. I must have been too engrossed at the book and did not notice the time.

I opened my mouth and tried to shout but still no voice came out from me. I very well knew what these guys were going to do to me. I needed to run. I needed to escaped. I needed help and I can't even shout for help.

I felt so pathetic and hopeless. I wanted to cry but no tears came out. I wanted to be angry but all emotions were still too compressed inside. I just took a deep breath as I resigned to my fate.

When all hope were gone... I heard a very familiar voice.