Chapter 6

First Edit: 03/08/2017

* * *

Before I can react or say anything, Justin has me pulled forward and plants his lips on mine in a gentle peck. He cradles my waist and gives me support as we lean against the wall.

It takes my lips a moment to ease into the motion when Justin chooses to carry on with our kiss. The stiffness subsides and I catch the rhythm of our lips colliding. It turns from a sweet nothing to something intimate and intense.

In a glimpse I could feel my mind telling me everything will be okay. A cocoon makes its appearance in my mind's eye and spins right around him and I. It feels as if I am the only person in the room with him as our bodies entangle onto each other - and I let the smile of surprise creep over my mouth as our lips touch in unison.

As soon as the cocoon wrapped around us, it disappeared. My rational mind pushed the kiss aside and I'm allowed to remember where I was.

The dark haired girl.

I gasp and pull away. The realisation settles in when I fling around to look at the brunette. She has her hands clenched in fists and her watery eyes are reason enough to believe that she was hurt by Justin's action. She takes a visible deep breath before shaking her head and storming out the room.

I look back to Justin whose smug smile vanishes when he sees my blank face. Was this a stunt to make that girl jealous?

I put my hand over my mouth and look at him with turmoil.

"What is it?" he asked.

I breathe in through my nostrils and mutter the idle words, "I've only been kissed once before," my words were low enough so that just he could hear them.

He crosses his arms and huffs, "What? That's crazy."

When he sees my unchanged expression, his face drops, but I can't help the tears that threaten to spill and make a sprint for it back to the ladies before he can see it.

"Leah, wait, no!" he cries after me.

Inside the ladies I try to compose myself. I walk up and down with my hands on my waist, looking at the floor. I'm trying to wrap my head around this.

Until now, my heart belonged to another - the only boy I had kissed before Justin. I once thought I would spend the rest of my life with him, be a couple that grew old together. That was until the unimaginable happened and I was forced to move on.

I haven't kissed anyone but him.

That changed tonight,

I can't help but let out a delusional giggle. If Justin only knew that I was a virgin too! It seems virtue isn't important to him or anyone else for that matter as it was back home for me.

The door slams open and lets the faint sound of music infiltrate the bathroom. I see the blonde girl, Paris, staring at me and then she smiles. I try to fake a smile back.

"He wants to talk to you," she says, knowing exactly I would know who she's referring to. I give her a hesitant look and she motions her hands for me to come, "You can't hide in here forever. He'll wait, might as well get it over with now."

I know she's right. So I inhale and go back outside.

Justin stands near the piano, relieved when he sees me walking towards him. He holds out his hands but I shake my head, not wanting to touch again. He gets the signal and stands inches apart from me.

For a second I feel guilty, but I shake it off. We don't know each other, we have nothing in common. It doesn't make sense that I want to feel his embrace, or share another kiss...