Chapter 26

The last few weeks went by with the blink of an eye and I intentionally tried to stay away from my apartment as long as possible.

Mr. Leigh had offered for me to carry on staying at his humongous Victorian mansion for as long as I wanted, but the constant eyes keeping me at bay made me eager to move out. So I did - and went straight to Justin's.

Justin had done quite well with the award season and didn't go home once without winning at least two rewards for the night 

Leah Smith was now a frequent name online and in magazines, especially after my appearance on Ellen and going out with Justin.

"Are you going to answer that?" I heard Justin asking behind me.

I jumped and realized my phone was ringing. Yet another call from Denzel Joyce.

"Hello?"

"Leah! So glad you answered. Listen I want an inside scoop on how it is to live with Justin Bieber ASAP."

What? His means of getting publicity for his company has no end.  I don't know why, but I still haven't managed to come clean about my job with Justin.

Denzel is pressing me for just about everything and I am conveniently in the right places all the time with all the award shows and such. Not that I do it for him, but it spins right up his ally.

"I told you, our relationship has nothing to do with the company," I grit through my teeth, walking away so that Justin doesn't hear me.

"Right, keep telling yourself that. I have dozens of articles that keep piling up on your rise to fame. If you want to play it like that I can always just send a mystery package to Justin proving your hidden agenda."

"I don't have a hidden agenda!"

After a few threats and requests, Denzel hangs up and I stand there, realizing that there was no more hiding behind what had happened to me.

"Babe!" I hear a frantic shout from the kitchen.

I walk over in a swift, "What is it?"

A shadow appears from the stairs and I see Will standing in his security uniform.

"Right," I glare at Justin, "I'll be in the living room."

"Leah wait! Please just give me a minute!" Will pleads with me.

I turn back around and Justin speaks, "Just hear him out. Please."

I hover for a moment and then see the sad look on Will's face.

"Fine," I mutter, taking a seat next to Justin at the counter.

"Leah I'm really sorry that I lied to you," Will seams quite depressed and I can't help but feel a bit of guilt rush by me before I shake the thought.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" He asks in anticipation.

"You let me open up to you about my past," I choose my words carefully in front of Justin, "already knowing who I was."

"I swear to you I didn't know," he pleads, "I was just assigned to be a back up in case things go wrong or you're in danger."

"And what about all the stories you told me about who you are and your parents! Are you even gay?" I blurt out.

Will's eyes look at me in disbelief before he answers, "Everything I told you is true, I'm still me."

"Oh so you are still my secret body guard and informant to the very same Mr. Leigh you claimed you dislike? You're such a liar!"