Chapter 14

First Edit: 16/08/2017

* * *

Four knives. Four forks. Three spoons. Three glasses. Three plates. A cup and saucer. A napkin.

And some other shit.

I stare at the ridiculous amount of cutlery that is set out on the dinner table. I'm too afraid to even touch anything, because I'm pretty sure that service plate is made of pure gold and I am certainly not paying for it when it breaks.

Not with my clumsy badluck.

"The bottle of Château Lafite I pre-ordered please," Justin says to our server with a grin. One of those yes-I-just-ordered-the-most-expensive-bottle-on-the-menu kind of grins.

The hostess disappears for a short few seconds before returning to confirm whether or not she has the right bottle of wine in her hands.

I don't know if fate is playing some joke on me or something, because that very bottle is open on the page menu I'm on. It's four and a half bloody thousand dollars.

Vintage Lafite Rothschild.

Whatever the hell that means.

I gulp and try to hide my widened gaze behind the menu as she pours us the wine.

Please don't break anything. Please don't break anything. Your paycheck cannot afford to pay for anything you break here!

I feel Justin's hand cupping mine and drop the menu when I realise he wants my attention. He winks at me and speaks, "Don't let this intimidate you, it's normal."

Yes. Yes, very normal for someone who drinks the cheapest wine from the box. Not to mention the pizza I add when I'm feeling extra fancy.

I force a smile and bite my tongue as I look around the place. It's weird when you know you recognise some of the faces from somewhere, but you just don't know where.

"Hey," he rubs my hand and I look at him, "do you know Kate Moss, the supermodel?" he asks.

I nod, recognizing a name for once.

He points to a random table, "There she is," he says. The blonde haired woman with thick black eyeliner looks up when he points to her, as if she heard him. She smiles and waves at us. Justin waves back and I smile.

Is it weird to not know how to act in these situations? Am I supposed to jump up and fangirl because she is a model or something? I mean she's good, but I don't know her.

As if on queue, Justin notes my lack of enthusiasm, "You don't seem too excited to see her," he nudges his head in Kate's direction and shakes it, "Actually, you don't make a fuss about anyone famous. It's weird."

Weird how? Am I supposed to worship the ground they walk on? Does he want me to make a fuss about him?

I try to stay clear of bitchy remarks, which seems to be lurking around in my mind tonight and answer the best I can. "Well I guess if Kurt Cobain or Freddy Mercury was here, you'd see me fangirling, but they're both dead, so..." I pout and take a sip from the wine.

Why does it have to be so good? Damnit.

He laughs, "Freddy was such a legend! I'm a major fan of Queen!"

"Me too! Every single song of his is legendary!"

Justin smirks, "Should have known that you'd be deeper than the average girl."

For a moment, it feels like we're not in a fancy restaurant where he tries to dine me out of my socks. I feel comfortable talking about things like this, things that makes us laugh and enjoy the conversation. Things that doesn't make me feel uncomfortable and stiff...