Chapter 39

"Morphine for the pain, Lorazepam for anxiety, Cefotan for an antibiotic and a multivitamin to boost your immune system," Justin places each pill and tablet in my hand when he reads out the label of the medicine I need to drink.

I pop them into my mouth and swallow them with the glass of water he hands to me.

He picks up the syringe and reads the already-prepared label on it, "Hyper-Tet. Hmm," he frowns, "guess this is the one immunizes you against Tetanus. We don't want you to get that. That's awful!" He wiggles his brows in attempt to lighten the mood, but I just gulp when he brings the needle to my upper arm.

"Come on babe, you said you'll let me help. Otherwise I'm going to call the nurse," he threatens.

If there's one thing I've learned about this gorgeous greek god standing in front of me - is that I shouldn't joke about my health. If I sneeze or cough because there's dust particles floating around, he thinks I'm going to die of suffocation.

So I know he is being dead serious with the look he gives me. It's one of those you better do this or else- kind of looks.

I sigh "Fine."

He smiles and wipes a patch of skin with the alcohol wipe.

"Ready?"

I shut my eyes and nod. I don't need to see this. My poor hand and elbow crease is already blue and butchered with all the needles they had in me. I've seen enough needles to last me a lifetime.

I hear Justin laugh and I can't help but open my eyes and frown at him in confusion.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

He swings a now-empty syringe between his fingertips, "You didn't even feel it pierce your skin. See? I promised I'll be gentle."

"Oh," I try to hide my embarrassment.

He shakes his head in laughter and kisses my cheek, "I missed that blush of yours."

"You're making it worse!" I complain.

When he is done putting everything away, he plonks dows on the chair next to my bed, "So, have you been able to remember anything yet?"

"No," I look down and fidget with my thumbs, "I'm sorry."

"It's alright," his hands cups over mine in a consolation, "I'll be here every step of the way, don't worry." His golden eyes stare at me like they're looking deep into my soul.

I can feel him trying to remember for me. He says it doesn't matter if I recall the past or not, but I know it bothers him.

So I force a smile and do what I think would make him happy, "I have questions though."

"Of course you do," he chuckles, "I tell you what, why don't we take a walk outside this afternoon if you're feeling up to it - then I'll to answer everything I can."

I can't keep the smile from forming on my face, "Really? You would let me go out today?"

He nods, "Hmm-mm, the nurse said you're looking much better today. I think you deserve it."

I lean my head back and giggle like a schoolgirl.

Finally.

***

"Why hasn't Will or Blake come and visit me here yet?"

My arm is locked into Justin's. We're slothing around his humongous garden and I'm trying to excercise my breathing whilst trying to walk around with a gunshot wound in my abdomen.