Chapter 29

"Maybe we should sit here?" I suggest, walking to the nearest park bench. My thighs are tight and the throbbing between my legs has not subsided after last night.

"The pond is right there, we ca- oh, oh!" Justin catches my hint, "Shit baby, why didn't you say anything earlier? I would have brought you breakfast in bed. I'm such an idiot," he mutters.

I chuckle, "Well I didn't think I'd be signing up for what feels like a hiking trip when you said you wanted to surprise me with brunch."

He helps me sit down after throwing open a blanket on the grass and takes out two bottles of orange juice, "Then we move our picnic to here, we can go the pond another time," he announces.

"This is really sweet of you though, you didn't have to do all of this," I smile, taking a bite out of a cracker.

"You're my girl, I can spoil you if I want. I should warn you to smile a bit more, or look hopelessly in love with me, the paps are hiding behind that tree over there," he nudged to my right.

I lean forward, planting a kiss on his lips, "Why didn't you say so?" I tease.

"Babe, you said something last night that I've been wondering about," he speaks.

"Yeah?"

"Aren't you going to do something about your boss blackmailing you? You're going to have to go back soon enough, aren't you?"

I nod, "Yes, I know. I just don't know what I can do other than resigning and starting over somewhere else."

"You can move in with me if you want," he looks at me with a grin from ear to ear.

"No, I can't do that. People would think I'm sponging on you. I know you're a millionaire and all, but I want to be able to care for myself."

"I can appreciate that," he kisses my cheek, "whatever you decide, you know I'll have your back."

- - -

Steven is waiting in the car to pick me up the morning of the day I return to work. Not that I'll be needing him any longer. Besides, I have two body guards following me in another car just behind him.

When I get to Denzel's office, I take a deep breath before entering with my letter of resignation in my hands, "Can I come in?"

Denzel spins around in his chair and smiles at me, "I hope that's the inside scoop you have in your hands," he sees the envelope, "Please sit."

I sigh, taking a seat in front of his desk.

"I'd have hoped you would be more happy to be back at work," Denzel says, "We've been more than lenient with giving you the time off that you need."

I force a smile, "And for that I'm grateful."

Denzel frowns, "Miss. Smith why does it sound like you're saying goodbye?"

I sigh, "That's because I am. I'm very thankful for what you've done for me, but I can't be forced in to being a snip within my friend circle. Blackmail to get information from me was never part of my contract, I can't work under such pressure. You said you would give me editing work but I've never been able to. All I've been doing is meet famous clients and send you information of my private life in fear that you would lie to Justin."

Denzel stands up and starts laughing manically, "Miss. Smith, let me make myself clear. I have every intention of making sure not only Justin knows who you are, but the entire public seeing as you have millions of followers now."

"I'm willing to accept the consequences, but consider this my two weeks notice," I say, placing the envelope on his desk. I turn and walk away.

As I'm about to open the door, he speaks, "What about your secret lover, miss Smith. I'm sure Bieber won't be happy about knowing you cheated on him."