Chapter 20

When Justin and I stand outside the rather large front door of Kendall Jenner's house, I gulp.

Okay so maybe I've played the whole 'rich and famous' lifestyle down until now, mainly because I didn't want to come across as a jealous wannabe. But honestly,  it didn't take much to admit that their houses, looks, fashion, lives and jobs seemed thrilling and attractive.

Not that the money is what I'm after. I could care less about that, but they're able to see the world and do whatever they want because of who they are. That was what I was jealous of.

For me, hiding and surviving in a godforsaken country was what I defined as thrilling. To these people going on luxury getaways to exotic places, throwing parties on yachts and walking the red carpet was thrilling.  The difference? They actually enjoyed their definition of thrill, I did not.

Until now that is. But was it safe for me to be photographed and followed by paparazzi? Maybe by some miracle my parents manage to see me and know that I'm alive. But I seriously doubt keeping up with celebrity gossip and entertainment was on their list of priorities.  That's if they even were alive.

I hear the distant sound of someone speaking and try to snap out of my thoughts.

"Leah?" I hear again.

I look up at the open door with Justin already standing inside next to the beautiful dark haired beauty. Kendall is dressed in a black strap bikini covered with a see-through chiffon dress and gladiator sandals. 

"Do I have to drag you in?" Kendall says in a light-hearted voice.

I shake my head and fake an embarrassed laugh, "Sorry, I got sidetracked for a moment," I clear my throat and push pass both of them, ignoring their frowning expressions on purpose.

I can feel Justin and Kendall behind my back staring at me. I know I need to try harder to suppress my past. If I carry on like this, everyone will soon be suspicious of who I am and that can't happen.

"Everyone is outside by the pool," Kendall says as she places her hand on my shoulder and directs me to a room, "you can get dressed in your swimwear here. The pool area is right pass the kitchen and living space. Huge open doors, you can't miss it."

I thank her and close the door, taking in a deep breath. I look around at what seemed to be a guest bedroom and plonk my carry-on bag on the bed. I open my bag without waiting, taking out my swimsuit.

Contrary to what Kendall was wearing, I decided on a white lace up one-piece swimsuit. It reminded me of a combination between a corset and marine outfit.

I looked in the life size mirror on the wall and adjusted the tightness of the laces. My boobs looked great, not gonna lie.  I thank myself mentally for going to the beach a few times over the last few days, since my pale skin now had a nice tan to it. Will would be so proud right now.

After taking another look at myself, I grab my phone and sunglasses and walk out of the room, making my way to the pool.

A few whistles of men sitting around the pool makes me blush and my eyes search for Justin.

"Who invited the mystery girl?" I hear someone say. The voice sounded familiar but I couldn't place it since I didn't see who asked it.

"I did and her name is Leah," Kendall spots me standing awkwardly at the entrance and signals me to come over.

When I approach the circle of people sitting in the round shaped pool, lifted higher from the rest of the pool underneath, I recognise the voice who spoke. It was Jaden Smith that I met on Justin and I's dinner date.