Chapter 22

"You can't be serious!" I yell in a frantic state, trippling around on the wooden floors of Justin's large living room.

"It's only in a month's time babe," he tries to persuade me.

I sigh, falling on the couch next to him, leaning back with my head.

"I'll get one of my mentors to help you prepare, you don't have to be nervous. Ellen is pretty cool."

I cover my face with my hands and shake my head, murmuring, "It's not about being nervous Justin."

"Then what is it?" He looks at me curiously. 

I have no words to answer him out loud, but in my head the reasons start spilling one after the other. 

For one, it could be seen as another way that I used Justin to get publicity for myself. He did invite me to go on a talkshow with him though, so that might not be as bad. But what about being seen on international television? Sure I would like to believe that if my parents were alive still they might see me and know I'm alive, but then again, my ex-capturers and  bloodthirsty murderers might too.

Plus I don't know what risks this might impose.  Justin mentioned that millions of people watch the Ellen DeGeneres show, so that means interest and curiosity might peak at the minds of viewers. What if one of them manage to dig deep enough and find something that couldn't have been erased from my background?

"URGH!!!" I let out a loud sigh of frustration.

"Why is this bothering you so much, don't you have like over a million followers on insta and twitter in anyway? People already know who you are," he states, it couldn't have been more blunt. 

"I never asked for such attention," I mutter, knowing all too well that I shouldn't have said that.

The expression on Justin's face made me feel guilty in an instant and I apologised immediately, "Sorry, I didn't mean to say that."

"No it's okay," he says, but it's very clear that it's not, "Why don't you tell me how you really feel Leah?"

"There's no reason to be rude," I say in a low voice.

Gosh! Sometimes I think the passion and love we feel for each other is just as much as the level of fire we burn each other with. Equally lovers and fighters.

"I don't get why you don't want to do this! I swear you're just being stubborn now. Do you want me to bend down on one knee and beg you to do stuff with me? Is that how it's going to be, you getting upset and me saying sorry all the time. Because I won't!" He snaps at me.

I want to say something petty, but clench my fits and just mutter, "Jelly Tots!"  I can't believe he just said that.

Without second thought I fling up and stomp out of the room, passing the kitchen where the keys of his Ferrari lies on the counter. I grab them and prance out the house, swaying my hips a tad too much out of anger.

Thankfully the security guard opens the gates without question and I reverse out the driveway. 

Just as the gate closes I see Justin running out of his house, screaming, "Come back! What the hell are you doing with my car!"

I turn the curb and roll down the window further, waiting for him to near the gate. When he is close enough I press down the clutch and put the car in first gear ready to speed off.  "Making you beg!" I scream and press the pedal down, feeling the turbo kick in.

"Bloody asshole!" I grit through my teeth as I make my way on to the highway.

I didn't even know where I was going but I sure as hell needed to put some distance between Justin and I before I actually turned in to Katy from Mean Girls and jump him for his rudeness.