Chapter 39

Several days later and Meryl was FINALLY able to take Don home; they were both over the moon. They decided to go home to Connecticut so he could physically heal; and they could both emotionally heal from the events of the past month. It would work out perfectly; Mamie was in Hawaii filming her new tv show and was happy to have an escape from everything, Henry and Grace were both back in LA working, and Louisa had returned to Vasser.  Don was healing faster than anyone had imagined; blowing Meryl and the doctors out of the water. She knew as soon as they got him on the right path that he would be better than ever when he put his mind to it. She knew healing would happen even faster in Connecticut-a safe haven for both of them. They couldn't wait to spend some long over due alone time together away from the pressures of the city and out of the hospital.

***

"Here you go, Don Man." Meryl said placing a tray of food and drinks down on the coffee table and handing him the remote as she propped his leg up on the sofa he was lying on. "Can I get you anything else?"

Don smiled at his wife. He hoped she would calm down once they got all settled so they could relax together. He knew she needed this time as much as he did; actually, probably more. "Thanks, baby; the only thing I'd really like, well besides sex."

"Don." Meryl giggled; the doctor had said as soon as Don felt up to it that they could be intimate as long as it didn't cause any pressure on Don's leg, but she wasn't going to push at ALL. She knew it probably wouldn't be long and all she cared about was him healing. "What would you like?"

Don got a big smile on his face. "A SHOWER! I'm sick of sponge baths. I want a shower in our bathroom."

"I'm sick of you getting them." Meryl winked.

Don leaned forward and kissed her lips. "Those nurses don't hold a candle to you, gorgeous."

"I'm glad." Meryl winked. "I have an idea; you can't shower yet because you can't stand for that long. Would you be comfortable sitting on the old shower chair we have here from my parents? I could bathe you if you were okay sitting on it."

Don got a big grin on his face; he had a feeling he might get both things he wanted. "Would you get in with me?"

"Yes." Meryl giggled. "I need to shower too; and then I can change your bandages."

Don threw the remote onto the coffee table and then gave her his hand. "What are we waiting for? Wash away, beautiful."

***

Once Meryl had settled Don in the shower on the shower chair, she got undressed and joined him, not missing his hard on that was evident when she climbed into the shower though she tried to ignore it. She just wanted to be able to take care of him, but it had been months since they had made love and the enforced celibacy was obviously getting to them both. She had almost lost him so many times in the past month and she sure wasn't going to push her recovery just so her needs could be met.

Don took in his wife's beautiful naked body as she climbed into the shower; God he had missed her so much. He couldn't help it when all the blood rushed to his penis, he wanted her, and wanted her badly. He knew she was just trying to help him by bathing him, but it wasn't helping him. All he could think about was her straddling his lap and taking him deep inside of her. There was nothing more he wanted in that moment. Don was so lost in his lustful thoughts that he jumped when she started washing his chest with just her hands and body gel.

"Is that okay?" Meryl asked gently.

Don nodded as he looked at her kneeling in front of him, causing him to grow even more. "Yeah; hopefully I can repay the favor soon."