Chapter 41

As soon as Don saw Meryl running towards him, his smile grew larger, and he threw his damn cane to the ground and pulled her to him as soon as she got close enough. Meryl immediately crushed her lips to his; sucking the lips and tongue she missed more than anything. The cold England rain continued to pour down on them, soaking each other, but neither of them cared. Meryl finally spoke when the need for air became too much. "Your knee!"

"I'm fine." Don said as he cupped her face, kissing her running mascara and the water from her face. When he tasted the salt was when he knew where the raindrops ended and her tears began.

Meryl cried happily as she threaded her fingers through his hair. "How? When? Why? Are you healthy eno-"

"No more talk." Don groaned as he pulled her even tighter to him and thrust his tongue into her mouth. "I haven't seen you for two weeks; you're coming with me."

Meryl watched as he picked up his cane with one hand and pulled her to the waiting hired car with the other. "Where are we going? We're at the house."

"You are all mine for 3 days; I have a suite for us and I'm not sharing you." Don said as he crushed his lips to hers again. "You okay with that?"

Meryl melted with that last kiss. "As long as you keep kissing me like that then you can take me anywhere you want."

"I thought that might be your answer." Don mumbled against her lips; he just couldn't get enough of her.

Meryl looked back at the house as Don began pulling her towards the car. "Baby; my clothes. I don't want to waste time coming back here."

"Already taken care of; I have BIG plans for you." Don said with another kiss to her lips as he pulled her hard against his erection. "Now, can I please kiss my wife?"

The biggest smile that had graced Meryl's face in two weeks shone brightly. "YES!"

"Get your cute ass in the car." Don said as he opened the door for her.

Meryl looked back at Don. "Don't you need help?"

"Get in." Don winked as he gently pushed her in; not wanting her to see the difficulty he had getting in. He sat down, facing outside, and threw his cane on the floor as he swung around, and quickly pushed her back against the back seat.

Meryl's smile that appeared when she saw he had the partition raised quickly disappeared as Don gasped in pain and she helped him sit up. She was worried all of this was too much for him. "Don, baby, are you okay?"

"Hell no, I'm not okay." Don sighed as he put his head in his hands. He wanted this to be perfect.

Meryl ran her fingers through his wet hair. "What's wrong? Do we need to get to the hospital?"

"No." Don sighed as she kissed the raindrops off his wet cheek. "I don't need to go to the fucking hospital, I need to make love to my wife like she deserves. I need to kiss her body. I need her to feel my love. I don't want it to be insignificant."

Meryl heart tightened at what he said. She grabbed his face in her hands and made him look at her. "You listen to me Donald Gummer, and you listen GOOD. You are the most amazing lover in the world. I feel your love when we talk on the phone, when you touch my hand, when you hold me at night, and the many ways you make love to me. I mean, my God, you flew all the way to London after having gone through medical hell in the past 2 months just to be with me."

"I want to make love to you like a real man makes love to his wife. I just want to make love to you the way you deserve; and not make you do all the work." Don sighed.

Meryl tenderly kissed his lips. "I'll let you in on a little secret. I like doing all the work."

"So do I." Don sighed.