Chapter 59

Don woke up the next morning when he noticed his wife was no longer next to him. He looked over at the alarm clock and it wasn't even 5am yet. He then saw his wife at the foot of the bed putting on her shoes and putting her hair in a ponytail. He immediately leaned forward and wrapped his arms around her as he kissed her neck. "Are you just going to sneak off without saying bye?"

"Don." Meryl giggled as she turned her head and kissed his lips. "I have to get back to the house."

Don pouted. "I show you the time of your life and you just leave?"

"I've been shown better." Meryl teased.

Don began to tickle her. "Only because you wouldn't let me make love to you."

"Tonight, babe." Meryl said with another kiss. "I really need to get going; there's so much to do."

Don shook his head as he tightened his hold around her. "Like what?"

"Set up for the dinner, make sure the DJ gets set up, the flowers, the champagne, the bridal party, the groomsmen, the bru-" Don stopped what she was saying by crushing his lips to hers.

Once the kiss broke Don cupped her head in his hands. "And we have hired people to check almost all of that."

"What are you doing?" Meryl asked as he got up and started to get dressed. "Don Man, you can go back to bed."

Don shook his head as he slipped into his shoes. "It's clear I need to keep an eye on my wife to make sure she doesn't get sick."

"Is this just an excuse to come back to the main house with me?" Meryl winked.

Don pulled her to him. "Depends; did it work?"

"Always." Meryl laughed as she walked over to the window. "Come on."

Don started to laugh as he opened the bedroom door. "Darl, we can use the door."

***

When they got back to the house Don convinced Meryl to go back to sleep for a little while, and then they took a relaxing hot shower together with Don finally being able to relieve his wife's stress the way he had wanted for the past 24 hours. While she got ready he threw on some clothes and went down to the den; grabbing an album along the way.

***

"Morning, Lou." Don smiled as his sleepy 20 year old daughter walked in.

Louisa rubbed her eyes. "Hi, Daddy."

"You don't look too rough." Don laughed as she took a seat next to him on the couch and he kissed her head.

Louisa laughed. "I was the DD last night."

"As you are every night." Don said; knowing it was just in his dreams.

Louisa laughed. "Sure Pops; just keep thinking that. What are you doing?"

"Just thinking about Mamie growing up; all of you." Don said kissing her head.

Louisa started laughing. "What about that time she lost me?"

"Lost you?" Don asked.

It was then Louisa learned that her parents didn't know. "Oops...I guess you and Mom didn't know."

"Dad and Mom didn't know what?" Meryl asked walking in.

Don smiled when he saw how relaxed she looked. "Hey, babe."

"How are you feeling, Mom, is your headache better?" Louisa asked as her mom kissed her head.

Meryl then gave Don a kiss as she sat next to him. "Much, thanks to your father."