Chapter 4

My baby dreams have been crushed. He opens the door for me like a gentle man as he was. I feel like a baby clutched to her mother's arm and wouldn't let go. I carry my body, harder than morning and look at the same damn place. Why do I even expect? So i entered the restaurant with a heavy heart. He saw the excitement on my face turning to incredulity. But his manners remain unchanged. He took my hand and took me to the table marked 'reserved'. We never reserve tables here. Anyways, I don't want to think something else, might as well prepare myself for the chicken stew or grill or whatever. He has booked a table in the corner with the best view. Today he seems different and his manners exaggerated. I waited for the stew but none came, Instead came some wine and a rose. Well, when my boyfriend meant different, he meant wine instead of chicken. Classic. Out of nowhere i am seeing a violinist beside our table and he has already started playing heart soothing rhythms. To my amazement, I am liking it. This cool and gentle breeze flowing against my cheeks, the view at its best. This place has got wonders. I haven't told you this but I met Chad for the first time here, in Exotica. How well do I remember that day ! I just got out of a really dark and messy relationship. Then I met Chad and everything felt so easy. 

Well it is not my fault that i no longer adore the restaurant's beauty. If you come here again and again you will know what i feel. It looked like a prefect Romantic date with roses and wine and violin. Was he expecting some admiration from my side like " Thank you for everything" or "What a lovely morning"...I am about to say something when my drifting eyes shift side wards just to notice a Dish coming towards us. Well, I say to myself, I might as well prepare my self for the usual chicken. The waiter is smiling, that's unusual. He always looks as if he needs a cigarette. He is carrying the Dish in a silver Dome, another weird thing. He places the Dish in front of me. People are not looking genuine today for some reason. My boyfriend asks me to open the Dome and look for the Dish.  Asking me to serve ? Where has your chivalry gone Chad? What can be in it ? I know the entire menu. I can fake a little excitement. I know I have been faking a lot of things lately. It can't be the worst of the worst. I opened it. It was indeed worse than the worst. I see a Ring.

The next faint moment when my eyes goes up, My boyfriend is no longer in front of me but on his knees on my side. The ring is no longer on the plate, It is in his hands. People are no longer eating but their eyes are on me. Waiters are no longer serving but standing, looking at us like a scene from a movie. My face is still but my eyes drift here and there to find hope, to find somebody uninterested in the drama, all attempts in vain. It is no dream. It is as real as my blood and flesh existence. It is happening. He is proposing. The next words I hear comes from his mouth. 

"I have always loved you and will continue to do so. Will you marry me Amanda Prichett?"

In the utter shock of the moment I stood up clumsily and hastily and spilled wine over my dress.

I looked down towards the Man on his knees, Ring in his hand, waiting for a response from my side. I see his puppy eyes giving me an insight of his pure heart. I want to give this man everything. I want to make him smile and be with him forever. This is the moment every woman dreams of. I want to make him mine but Instead I hear myself saying, "I ruined my dress. Let me go and clean it".

Then I came out of the dining teary eyed and with a heavy heart, down from the elevator, out of the building,booked a cab and came home.