Chapter 16

What do you call yourself when you are so preoccupied with your own thought process that you wouldn't listen to anyone else's ? This was me before and now I want to change.

The next morning Dr. Sullivan drives me to my home and it was too sweet of her to do this.

"Thanks Doctor.."

"It's okay dear.....just be happy"

"I will be" and I waved her good bye.

I open the door with a sigh..."I must fix everything now", I heard myself saying.

As I opened the door something fell. It was a paper folded into an envelope. I closed the door behind me and opened the letter. It was addressed to me by Chad.

"Oh Chad...",I cried.

"He must have came here only to find the place deserted". I start reading it...

Dear Amanda,

I waited for you even though I knew something was not right. You should have told me that you are seeing someone else..And I thought you were the one who suffered in this relationship. I hope one day you realize how much I like you.

-Chad

I felt a momentary pulse of unhappiness but more than that the accusation hit me." I wasn't cheating on him" I never wanted to end everything this way...with misunderstanding and pain.

My escape episodes finally dragged me down. we run from what destiny has planned for us, we run if we make mistakes, we run to avoid the truth which might blow us up in the face, we run because we can't face others. It is like an instinct to escape, to find a better new world, ofcourse in our imagination where we are safe. But when I bubble bursts, we come out to be more vulnerable than before. It makes me wonder the reason behind escape. If only we were strong enough to not avoid the circumstances that might surround, we probably can look for a solution in the middle of chaos and finally see what we were unable to see in the first place- the logic behind everything.

And for the first time I could see what I couldn't see before. I knew what I had to do. I had to go to 'Rooftop Exotica'.

                                                                                                 ***

It was morning time and I knew I would find him here sipping the mornign coffee. I went to him and sat opposite to him.

"I know the truth and I think you should know it too...", I said.

"What is there to be told..you are happy without me.."

"which is not the truth and this is the truth", I smiled and held his hands.

"First of all I would like to Thank you for making me a better person and much healthier of course", I winked. "And BTW I know about my drug issues...you didn't have to hide all these things from me..."

"Amanda you were sick..I couldn't tell you...All I did was obeyed Dr. sullivan and her instructions..She was really helpful..She only suggested some documentaries we saw..which you hated"

"I know how stupid I have been but I want to put it all behind.."

"But I can't put behind the fact that you are seeing someone else"

"But I am not seeing anyone Chad....From where did you get this misconception?"

"you would go to parties and come late. People will drop you to our apartment late...You would ask me about Mrs. Roosevelt..All these things won't make sense.."

"It would only If I were an agent"

"You Whatt ? "

"Nothing. I think I have a lot of explaining to do"

"But First tell me this. How did you find me?"

"I know where my heart it...and right now my heart is in your pocket I guess"

"You mean this ring ?"

"Exactly!"

"Well before that let me introduce you to the real world of real Chad"

"Can't be more excited. I hope those Documentaries do not exist in your world."

"Wait for it..."

"OK I am officially scared!", I say.

"And I want to officially make you mine", he says

"And I officially say yes. Haha", I hear myself saying.

He took out the ring and slide in smoothly in my ring finger. I felt more confident than ever.

Well If you don't escape many good things can happen to you too. I smiled and laughed and never looked back.

**********************COMPLETED. Hope you liked it ******************************************